Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo Skiing - potential course - any help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I am thinking that I might take advantage of holidays due to be taken a break in the league to try and get in a cheeky trip. It looks like I am going to struggle to get any partners in crime, so was thinking of doing a course for the week. My last league match is on the 12th, so would probably either head out on the 13th or on 16th. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any courses going during this time or have any suggestions. My main aim would be to improve my off piste skiing. I had a look at Warren Smith, but he seems to be all booked up.

Anyway, I just thought I would see if anyone has any suggestions?

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try snoworks or inspired to ski
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dublinfella, the 12th, 13th or 16th of what? (Sorry to be ignorant - probably obvious if you're in the league). If it's December, it's a bit early for much coverage off-piste, even in the high spots. Especially as the weather is very warm all over for at least the next week or so.

But a course is a v good idea if you're on your own. I did an Inspired to Ski one in Tignes, on my own, years ago - well worth while. Right now, if you're talking mid-December, I wouldn't be booking anywhere without a glacier, though there's time for the weather to change. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dublinfella, If you're talking January, the Warren Smith week starting on the 16th is full (but you could ask to go on the reserve list).

Snoworks run two courses in La Tania on that week, very good value and there is at least one snowHead with them that I'm aware of Cool wink .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Knew I would forget some bit of semi important info - like the date! December is when I al looking at going. Sorry about the forgetfulness. I blame my brain.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dublinfella, you could try World Class Skiing - but not sure the dates will work for you.

http://www.world-class-skiing.com/home.aspx
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pete Silver runs www.alpinecoaching.co.uk , one of the best coaches out there IMO. You'll have a great time and learn some new tech's aswell!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.tdcski.com/group_clinics/coaching_clinics.shtml run some excellent clinics in Tignes and Val D'izzle.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You could try Whistler. Do the upper most ski espirit course. I did the one below a couple of years ago and as far as I could tell the instructors are all mad for powder. I had to trade my atomic metron skis in for something longer and fatter as I just couldn't stay about the powder which we were on almost all of the time. We did Spanky's ladder and quite a few cornice drops. Plus they alreay have sufficient powder for some serious skiing. Unlike europe right now.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the advice, tried to book with Snoworks, but luckily for them they are already booked up, not so lucky for me (seems like this is not the week for the Irish...I blame Henry for both!) Obsessed_intermediate, I don't think I will have the funds to get to Whistler, but thanks for putting that in my brain - now starting to see how I can justify it to myself but reality is still winning out.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dublinfella, looks like Inspired to Ski have some availability in Tignes on the 12th December, if you're interested.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Dublinfella,

There is tons of snow right now in Banff I have been living and teaching skiing here for 18 years and this is one of the best starts. December is a really cheap time to come around 800 pounds for 10 days 8 days of skiing with all ground transportation.
You will be able to ski in most places at Lake Louise and Sunshine buy then. They are open more terrain every day at Sunshine and they have just opened a couple of the big bowles at Lake Louise
if you want some help let me know
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dublinfella forgot to add
great deals flying to Calgary and Vancouver right now on aircanada and b.a.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you just want some snow time..
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56982&highlight=

Will even throw in a few lessons if you want.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy