Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello all - looking for resort to suit group

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Hope you are all getting excited about the up and coming ski season - I know I am
anyway I have been given the task of organising a ski holiday for a group of 8 and here is what we need - hoping this fountain of knowledge could help?
We are all aged late 20s to mid 30s - so fairly young, we are 4 couples.
Like a beer but not looking for mad nightlife - odd bit of dancing may occur but prefer pubs where you can actually hear each other speak.
As for skiing, looking for well groomed slopes and lots of them 5 advanced skiers and 3 intermediates who like to travel all around the mountain.
price wise? well could spend about £700 each for flights accom and food.
I look forward to your feeedback.
last year we done zell am see - not enough mountain - skiied in two days
2008 - meribel - great but expensive
2007 - courcheval - as above and we were miles from the lifts

have a fab day
peachy
x
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
peachy1982, welcome to snowHead

I've booked a hols for a similar age/minded/ski-level group of people to Les Deux Alpes for the end of March. Never been there before but it seemed to tick all the boxes in terms of terrain, apres and budget.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
peachy1982, Welcome to Snowheads.

Two areas I have been that certainly meet the "well groomed slopes and lots of them" criteria would be the Ski Welt in Austria, or the Sella Ronda area in the Italian Dolomites.

Both would certainly be cheaper than Meribel or Courcheval. And both have plenty of options meeting your nightlife criteria.

But both are mainly reds & Blues - there aren't a huge number of black runs if you are looking for that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4......... Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Ros Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Schladming

Lots of piste and much more on the same pass if you catch the post bus.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Deux Alpes. Thought it was great when a group of us went. But dont stay up on Flocon D'or or residence d'Soleil. Try the Maeva Muzelle apartments. Near to all night life etc and the red eggs about 75 metres away
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Soldeu - access to the whole of Grandvalira, plus some really nice bars for the old apres scene. Some excellent mountain restaurants too.

J x
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would have thought Serre Chevalier would be an excellent choice skiing-wise. Great skiing and lots of it. The resort comprises several villages along the valley which are connected by frequent buses and the skiing area is all lift-linked. I've only been once and we stayed in Chantemerle which had some very nice restaurants and a few bars, I get the impression that Villeneuve may be a bit more lively and Monetier sounds very pretty. Definitely cheaper than Courchevel and Meribel. There are lots of other snowHead who know a lot more about it than me if you're interested (or plenty to find if you search the website).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
peachy1982, you don't say when you're going, could have an impact on your budget.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tignes? Not beautiful but cheap & cheerful access to the massive Espace Killy. Serre Chevalier is not as big but much prettier...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
peachy1982, How about Les Arcs - stay at 1950 if you want some good standard accommodation, stay at 1800 if you prefer greater access to bars and restaurants. Large skiing area - suits all standards - i've been there 3 times with groups - never any grumbles ... plus if you take the train, you get extra days on the slopes!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got to be St. Anton for that age range surely...even if you don't do nightlife... add a day trip to Lech/Zurs for a real good blast around, rendl back bowls (with a guide) for the experts

Or if you want to stay in France the Morzine/Porte des soleil should keep you happy.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I say Serre Chevalier fits the bill, a choice of 3 villages and a town to choose from in terms of where to stay. 250km of pistes, i.e. more than you need for a week especially for intermediates and advanced skiiers. An hour and a half away from Turin airport.

I get the impression it is much cheaper than the likes of Meribel and Courchevel.

http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/resorts/SerreChevalier/

Are you thinking of using a tour op or going DIY?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
peachy1982, Saalbach or without doubt St Anton - great for a group your size/age
ski holidays
firebug wrote:
Tignes? Not beautiful but cheap & cheerful access to the massive Espace Killy.

...and by that same rational....I am slim and sexy Madeye-Smiley
latest report
La Plagne? Masses of terrain, great for intermediates and loads of accommodation so there should be deals to be had.
snow report
bertie bassett, shhh you! Its busy enough as it is!
snow conditions
Selva, got the most groomed reds and blues in the world. (or anywhere on the Sella Ronda, but I like Selva, so there Smile )

Mayrhofen might suit you, prices are reasonable and there is easily a weeks' skiing in the Zillertal.
You can currently go with Crystal HB to the Neuhaus annex for £568 in Jan, flying from London.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, I am sure you are! Wassup, you don't think it's cheap and cheerful? I stayed there at easter recently for 12 euros a night! Smile
ski holidays
firebug, beds cheaper than beer Shocked Shocked Very Happy
ski holidays
The gist is that there are lots and lots of places that fit your requirements.

My 10ps worth would pds or Verbier/4 valleys
latest report
peachy1982, Gonna push the Portes Du Soleil and Morzine in particular. But then I have a vested interest Embarassed

Have a look at the website, check out how flexible we can be, hit the contact button if interested.
ski holidays
Cheers everyone f0r the ideas.
I am looking through them all now.
We usually go end of jan - beginning of Feb but avoid the half term.

Thanks for your help
You guys are good!

peachy
x
snow report
if you are going in the beginning of feb and are thinking france - make dure you check when the french school holidays are - some french resorts get really busy then wink
latest report
1. Val Thorens;
2. Tignes;
3. Zermatt;
4. Lech.
ski holidays
peachy1982, I PM'ed you...
ski holidays
Whitegold, None of those would easily match the budget he has, although it can be done.

But given he was also complaining about Cu=iurcheval and Meribel both being expensive, I don;t think any of those would be any cheaper.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flaine worth considering.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy