Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard boot repairs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone out there come across a company who will repair snowboard boots? I want to find out if it is cheeper to get a repair done rather than replacing them! Preferably somewhere in Scotland but the good old UK will do just as well. Cheers Andy Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi andyoldfield, and welcome to SH!
Never found anyone who repairs snowboard boots apart from the manufacturers under warranty for defect. Whats gone wrong with the ones you have?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Richard, thanks for your welcome. Not seen any myself either, hence the query. In answer to your question, old age would be the most honest answer! They are quite hi spec Salomon boots (Fusion F24), with an integrated liner. Great for comfort and feeling in contact with the board. Stiff as well. I'm an ex-skier which is probably why I like the rigidity. Anyway, the loops for the cords on the inner have given out, and it is realy tricky to try and get to them. Ho Hum. Cheers Andy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andyoldfield, welcome to snowHead . is it worth contacting salomon and asking them for a quote or if they can fix them? i have the f20w's and i'll be heart-broken when i have to replace them!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the idea, its definately worth a try. cheers Andy Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi andy,
I have never EVER heard of anybody who repairs boots other than small things like replacing snapped boa laces and clips for inner laces.
You say you like stiff boots, It might be worth investing in another pair of the same. They will be stiffer than your original pair and they wont have any of the problems you are currently experiencing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Find a seamstress lady to sew on new webbing loops onto the liner. I had a pair of malmutes do the same thing though obviously the liner could be pulled out there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for you all your help, I'll look into your suggestions and let you know if I get anywhere. It does look like there could be the application of a very large hammer to a very small pink ceramic pig!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy