Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flirsch am arlberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

My mates have booked up accomodation in Flirsch, I've never heard of it but it looks like its on the outskirts of St Anton (which I know well).

Has anyone stayed there before ? What's it like? How do you get to St Anton from there / how far is it?

thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
logix, welcome to snowheads!

I'm pretty sure I've stayed in Flirsch, but it was a loooong time ago. It was a nice enough village (shop, couple of decent bars etc.) but a drive to St Anton (suggest you use google maps for the distance). We were on a coach trip so I can't advise on how to get to StA on public transport. There will be a local bus (possibly even covered by the ski pass), but I'd check how frequent they are.

If you're interested in the apres side of St Anton then you'll have to be prepared to fork out for taxis each night. If you're happier with the quiet life them you should be fine staying in Flirsch.

You also might want to check out Pettau, which is a small area covered by the St Anton lift pass but not linked to the other bits - not been but apparently it's nice and very quiet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's 12km east of St Anton further along the valley than Pettneu (towards Landeck). There is a bus but I don't believe it runs that late at night.
From the ÖBB site it looks like the last bus leaves St Anton at 19:36 to arrive in Flirsch at 19:56

http://www.oebb.at/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As above its down valley 12Kms. Halfway between St Anton & Landeck

The ski bus is free however this stops around 5pm. Then you have to use the Post Bus which you stops after 8pm. These maybe the same bus nowadays.

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/fahrplaene-so-wi/bus-stanton-landeck_0809.pdf (old timetable but has not changed)

Expensive taxi,s everynight after the bus stops.

Flirsch am Arlberg

If you like Apres Ski & Nightlife
Your mates probably thought, its much cheaper out there but when you add up all the extra transport costs I think it will end up costing you alot ore than staying in the centre of St Anton.

If your ito the quiet style holiday then you have save money.

Lots of Germans stay here . English is not widely spoken (like St Anton).

Some of the best hike off Piste terrain in the Arlberg !!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sweet moses! Thats like passing Luton off as London!

On the plus side if you apres from 4pm, the last bus at 8 doesnt seem like such a bad idea....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the wealth of useful information guys.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I forgot if you are Pension basis. You had better have dinner in St Anton as there are no restaurants (as such) in Flirsch.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy