Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots as hand luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Appologies if this is already somewhere deep in one of the baggage topics but thought it might be of use to a few people...

I phone BA yesterday and they specifically said to me that as long as the bag is within their max dimensions you CAN take ski boots on board as hand luggage...

Unfortunatly they cannot email this to you so you have proof in writing (they "don't have email facilities in the UK office..." how for such a big company I will never understand, but thats another rant I feel)
They can however put a note with your booking ref. so if you have any dramas at checkin they can look it up and the phone call will have been recorded...

This may relieve any worries people have (such as me) of getting to the airport and haveing to rearange such precision packing...

If anyone is interested their number is 08444930787 if you look it up on saynoto0870 you can probably find the 01/02 number that wont cost as much to listen to classical music while on hold...

Hope thats of some use to people!!

Have a good day!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Novel topic. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why shouldn't you be able to take boots as hand luggage if the bag fits the space? It's not as though they contain liquids in bottles of more than 100ml or sharp bits suitable for dismembering cabin staff - well, mine don't anyway. wink

Is there a problem that I'm unaware of?

Or maybe I should point out that I only fly Business or First, so I don't read all those Ryan and Easy threads dahlings Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yoda, It's particularly interesting (to me anyway) in the light of the changes in BA ski carriage policy.

Crazy Climber, Nice one, thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It does actually wind me up a little (not enough to ruin my hol) when I see a passenger get on a plane with a mountaineering rucksack full to the brim along with boot bag and starts filling an entire overhead storage bay that is meant for 6 passengers! However I also enjoy laughing at them when they get on late and have to endure even less leg room as they try shove it under the seat in front. Usually see at least one of these per ski flight!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Why not simply carabiner them to your keys and claim they are a novelty key-ring, then keep them in your pocket. no problems with luggage.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
manicpb I agree with you. The whole thing is getting out of hand (luggage) and will inevitably be stopped by the airlines. Which is particularly galling as it is obviously all their own doing by reducing baggage allowances and introducing additional charges which has driven people to take the maximum size bags with them as hand luggage and wear as much of their kit as possible (and then stuff it in the overhead lockers).

It is surely only a matter of time before the airlines introduce total weight allowance for passengers and their luggage along with the necessity for passengers to fit within specified dimension limits. In which case - anyone out there want to be my thin, lightweight, bendy, ski renting travel companion Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Crazy Climber, It is not the Airline who stop you taking boots as hand luggage it is mostly airport security which stop you taking them airside
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy