Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bananatech

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This clip never gets old

http://youtube.com/v/tut7p9rIWGw
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
so true though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Banana was the best 'emperor's new clothes' in any sport, for years. People even put up with the front of their boards de-laminating, saying it was a small price to pay for riding a banana. FAF.

Liked that Bob, thanks Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Which makes all those sad munters on banana skis, doubly suck Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the rocker as an idea is excellent, it really does make a difference if you board like a flea circus. The rocker is not going to magically make you board like a flea circus though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So doesn't Banana tech work then?

What about Magna traction?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i dont believe in magna traction, but then I dont believe in edges or base repairs so ignore me.
The rocker works for sure if you can board already, if you are learning I suspect it will make learning easier but would maybe teach you a sloppy style lacking in full on euro carve action.
The thing that gets me with lib tech is they bang on about banana this and that when its just a rocker, maybe they were the 1st high profile board with it but its not unique to that board anymore. And I dont like the burton ad they run which uses a steaming dog shite in the shape of the burton process sign, cant see how they get away with that to be honest. Seems like the more they hate on burton the more popular they get, like if you too hate corporate snowboarding ride a banana. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Libtech are coporate snowboarding just under a different guise from their slighty naff Quiksilver parent - heck until this year they were a sister co to Rossi, Dynastar et al.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
seems I'm on about bataleon in the cold light of day, oops. ANyway they are all the same.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
very funny - not seen that before (and i ride a TRS banana!) - seems to be something of a lib back lash this year after being flavour of the month for the last couple of seasons - anyway very happy with mine so there!

interesting the expansion of reverse camber/rocker etc this year - I reckon its hoirses for courses meself - found the following site - this guy has an interesting take on camber etc as well as other interesting tests etc
http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I personally think reverse camber will die out again, maybe it will stay on some pure off piste boards and some insane jib machines but normal boards will go back to camber once people miss their pop from the camber boards.
I'm all about the reverse camber at the moment just because I like to board in a buttery stylee and have a no good for off piste centred stance.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jonny luv plums wrote:
i dont believe in magna traction, but then I dont believe in edges or base repairs so ignore me.And I dont like the burton ad they run which uses a steaming dog shite in the shape of the burton process sign, cant see how they get away with that to be honest.

As you mentioned, it's Bataleon who do that. But there is also this long-established marketing gem:

Little Angel

In the end, even though I'm a well-known Lib fan, get what you like, ride what you like. I'm not about to rush out and buy Burton though... as much as I try to persuade myself that image doesn't matter, I just can't help not liking it NehNeh

I mean, remember Stab? He used to go on about Burton all the time!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab was an idiot though, whatever happened to that loser?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonny luv plums, a little bird told be got himself knifed by a gangsta at a rave in euroland ......... well the headline was 'stab DJ dies on stage' wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Remember when large tennis rackets got introduced, the hard core players said they were for beginners, because they made the game easier! What do they use now?

Cracking video Grommit! But I'm sure he mentioned Stalin at one point, but the translation didn't tell us what Stalin was riding this season. Probably a Guelag dissident 155 with the Politburo hybrid core and the vodka topsheet, plus some steezy Grozny bindings!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy