Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board Bags...........

Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for board bag for 2 boards and luggage, with wheels etc..................
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dakine high roller (or low roller). ou could probably fit the rest of the family in the high roller as well as the luggage.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, Can the Dakine low roller take 2 boards without having to take bindings off? What I can find on the low roller seems to say that you need to take the binding of the second board?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, taking the bindings off only means unscrewing four screws and is very simple, so I would not really use that issue as a main criteria for selecting a board bag. I tend to pop bindings in my hand luggage to keep the weight down of the checked-in baggage anyway because they can be a few kg
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, no. However, it's normal to take bindings off for transport and multiple other reasons, so I wouldn't worry about it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller,

If you're looking at a bag that can take two boards with their bindings on, you're going to end up a with a monster of a bag. You'll need the Landy just to tow it the check-desk or your flat...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Phew, I read the heading and thought that this thread was going to be a pop at female snowboarders. Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys, thinking like a skier where taking the bindings of is not feasible. Cheers
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, but don't lose the screws.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard, Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got a Burton Wheelie Locker.

Just be aware that any of the big double decker bags weigh around 7-8kg empty and will quickly be up to 20+kg with boards, bindings, boots, clothes etc. Put the heavy stuff at the wheeled end.

I take my bindings off both boards as a bag at the bottom of a stack on 10 bags on a luggage trailer would probably result in the bindings getting broken. Put the screws somewhere safe or back in the screw holes and put your boarding pants between the boards in the bag.

Also... get some pipe insulation from B&Q and put it on the rails of the boards. Baggage handlers are not boarders and will think you have fully protected your kit to the extent that it is fine to throw the bag off a trailer, onto all the other bags or, worse, onto the pavement.

When getting your bag at the airport, check your boards for any rail damage and report it immediately if there is any. Rail damage normally means he board is a write off.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bar shaker wrote:

Also... get some pipe insulation from B&Q and put it on the rails of the boards. Baggage handlers are not boarders and will think you have fully protected your kit to the extent that it is fine to throw the bag off a trailer, onto all the other bags or, worse, onto the pavement.

A good tip, one i've done for a good few years and i've never had damage in transit. Also stops your bag getting ripped to shreds by sharp edges. A big rubber band or a bungee cord will keep the insulation in place.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard wrote:
Dakine high roller (or low roller). ou could probably fit the rest of the family in the high roller as well as the luggage.

Was in S&R yesterday and got a Dakine low roller, is plenty for what we need thanks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller wrote:

Was in S&R yesterday and got a Dakine low roller, is plenty for what we need thanks.

Dakine make great kit, you won't go wrong with that.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I agree with both - Dakine bags are very good and I also use the pipeinsulation to protect my rails.
snow report
Does anyone know of any cheap bags for bindings on transportation for £20 or under. Just need an alternative to my low roller for transporting it to snowdomes in the UK, etc.
ski holidays
Sleeves for £25-£30 at BargainBoards.co.uk - look like you'll be able to get a board in with the bindings still on
ski holidays
croskemj, Lidl may have some soon for the winter, very good and £7 Very Happy
snow report
rayscoops,

They'd better have... wink Very Happy
snow conditions
croskemj wrote:
Does anyone know of any cheap bags for bindings on transportation for £20 or under. Just need an alternative to my low roller for transporting it to snowdomes in the UK, etc.

Mine goes in the boot... naked.

Surely you don't need a bag for driving to a fridge?
snow conditions
croskemj, i use one i got from decathlon for £15 or £20 a couple of years back, but it's now gone up to £26. it's been brilliant, but it doesn't take my boots and my helmet, just one or the other. has a handy handle or shoulder strap.
latest report
Only to protect in the car as I have a TT and it is pressed against the sides - going commando on an hour drive may be dangerous! For the board that is.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Hey have you come across to the dark side???
snow conditions
Mouth, he has indeed seen the light (dark?)
snow report
Mouth wrote:
thefatcontroller, Hey have you come across to the dark side???

29th November I enter the dark side, more backside though for first few days I am told. Cool
snow report
thefatcontroller, You know it makes sense. So... we are likely to see you riding the slopes of LA this season then? Is this why you have been so concerned about that flat bit in 2000 and whether they are remodelling it? Where exactly are you planning on entering the dark side in November?
snow conditions
Mouth, Skis or board that flat bit in the middle of the 2000 bowl is a disgrace, at least on the La Plagne side they have the pulley ropes in 2-3 flat spots. We are going to Tignes end of November to have snowboarding lessons for 3 days, either Tignes or Milton Keynes snow dome, tough choice Laughing
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, Good grief what a choice. I vote for Tignes. If you opt for MK let me know and will stop by for encouragement. We need more boarding SH who spend time in Paradiski
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, Trip to Tignes booked, took about 2.4 nanoseconds to decide. Will let you know how we get on.
latest report
thefatcontroller, Fab. I predict you won't look back and you will be boarding for the rest of the season - flat bit or not flat bit in 2000 Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Not the prettiest of pattern, but you can't argue with the £15 price

Tchibo roller bag

The stuff is usually very decent quality..
ski holidays
£12.95 postage, but still a good price at £27.95!

Considering one myself and I'm a brand snob!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy