Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Worried!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Oh dear, will somebody please help?

I have only ever been to Italy to ski, and this year I am going to Baqueira, Spain. I am excited, so constantly looking on met check, and web cams etc to see the weather forcast. In Italy, there is shed loads of the white stuff, but the forcast for Baqueira is sun, sun and more sun!

Please can somebody re-assure me that it will get better before 10 January! Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nobody can tell you that it "will" get better. But there's every chance, and the weather now is no very good guide to the weather in a month's time. 10 January is an age away, in weather terms; if there was heaps of white stuff right now there would be time for the whole lot to melt before then (just as most of the snow which everybody got terribly excited about at the end of November melted in December). The weather is particularly difficult to predict at the moment; read this very interesting thread if you want to know more about it. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56634&start=320

you might also like to look at this one - which helps explains what everyone is talking about on the other one. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14852
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that Pam. I shall spend some time going through those forums. I hate being a worry wort, but you know what it is like! Maybe I should get on with some work, rather than looking at webcams!!!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
srhmart, looks pretty good at the moment to me. Baqueira is a fine place, you should enjoy it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I take it you have been there. What's the village like, are there nice shops and bars? Is there any ice rink or sledge/toboggan runs? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
srhmart, If you have questions about the resort, try starting a thread in 'Resorts' with Baqueira in the title, and that should catch knowledgeable eyes Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank Lou, still new to this game! Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
srhmart, only for a 2 day weekend, although TOH did a couple of seasons there. We stayed with friends so we didn't really explore the village - it's not very big...

More info here http://www.indigoguide.com/spain/baqueira-beret.htm
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you so much under a new name x snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
srhmart wrote:
Oh dear, will somebody please help?

I have only ever been to Italy to ski, and this year I am going to Baqueira, Spain. I am excited, so constantly looking on met check, and web cams etc to see the weather forcast. In Italy, there is shed loads of the white stuff, but the forcast for Baqueira is sun, sun and more sun!

Please can somebody re-assure me that it will get better before 10 January! Sad

I was nearby a few days ago.

About 80% of the lifts are currently open.

They have had a good start to the season.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
not a bad resort some not bad long runs to the bowl over the top, some not bad natural hits, half pipe was there a few years ago not sure now, but it was iced big style on one side as they never maintained it, i does get cold so wrap up!! try the fabada soup if your out, Cool
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
markbish wrote:
not a bad resort some not bad long runs to the bowl over the top, some not bad natural hits, half pipe was there a few years ago not sure now, but it was iced big style on one side as they never maintained it, i does get cold so wrap up!! try the fabada soup if your out, Cool
there will be snow dont panic its quite a way up and you drop over into the valley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you all for the reassurance. Just been looking at the webcam (again!!!!) and it is looking much much better. Really getting excited now and looking forward to my long awaited holiday.

Thanks again. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Baqueira is a great resort if the weather is good....when I went we had too much snow and actually couldn't get a whole six days in due to closure and reduced lifts. The town doesn't have a great deal of character but the valley has some great restaurants.......worth staying in Salardu, a lovely hamlet down the road. It's a big enough area when all open and good for all standards. Enjoy.......
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
srhmart, As you say the web cam looks OK and I'm guessing from the iced up cams that they are making snow down to 1500 which is good. I was there for the season 06/07 and there is much more snow now that we had until about March that year. I'm hoping I can get back this year at some point.
ski holidays
Cant awnser your question, but i have being looking at 16c for xmas day in some resorts in austria such as st johann in tirol so i am very worried about that because 16 degrees c is very warm so there will be no snow there for january which i am heading out there, i seen it on WEATHER. COM and couldnt believe it so can sombody tell me im wrong
snow conditions
srhmart, follow metalhead132 and AlTom in the Pyrenees thread they know their french/spanish shnizzle...
snow report
i go to chatel on jan 26th, yes it is over a month away but i am starting ti get worried myself now, gid i feel sorry for all you people going out in the next 2 weeks, hope it goes colder for you, fingers crossed!!! Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy