Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding the World

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following the 'top 10 snowboard resorts' post it seems quite obvious that it is difficult to pick 10 resorts, but as I sit here in work I notice on my shelf my trusty 'Snowboarding the World' guide, and this is what they have listed. I will add the 'pros' and 'cons' as and when I get the time Very Happy

If any one has some real tips about a resort (easy to share a ski pass wink ) feel free to stump up with it !

Austria
Axamer Luxum - Of all of Innsbruck's mountain resorts AL offers the most varies terraine; beginner to advanced slopes, backcountry hikes, tree runs and a small snowpark. The mountain area is easily managed if you are new to the resort, but big enough to offer endless lines and powder stashes if you are a more adventurous rider looking to get away from the crowds
Flachauwinki
Ischgl
Kaunertal
Kitzbuhel
Lech
St Anton
Seegrube/Nordpark
Silvretta Nova
Westendorf
Zillertal

Canada
Banff/Sunshine
Big White
Fernie
Jasper/Marmot Basin
Kicking Horse
Kimberley
Lake Louise
Whistler

Eastern Europe and Middle East
Bansko
Dizin
Shemshak
Zakopane
Krasnaya Poliana

France
Avoriaz
Bourg St Maurice
Cham
Courch
La Clusaz
La Grave
La Plange
La Rosiere
La Tania
Les Arcs
L2A
Meribel
Morzine
St Foy
Serre Chev
Tignes
Val D
Val T

Italy
Canazei
Cervinia
Cortina
Courmayeur
Jurassik Park/Folgaria
La Thuile
Livigno
Madonna do Campiglio
Prato Nevoso
Val Gardena
Val Senales

Japan
Alts Bandai
Happo One
Niseko

NZ
Remarkables
Wanaka/Treble Cone
Cardrona
Snow Park

Scandanavia
Levi
Talma
Geilo
Hemsedal
Lillehammer
Stryn
Are
Riksgransen

South America
Le Lenas
valle Nevado

Spain etc
Arcalis
Soldeu
Baqueira-Beret
Sierra Nevada

Swiss
Adelboden
Davos
Engelberg
Grindelwald
Laax
Las Diablerets
Leysin
Saas Fee
St Moritz
Verbier
Zermatt

USA
Alyeska
Aspen
Baker
Big Bear
Big Sky
Breckendridge
Brighton
Heavenly
Jackson Hole
Keystone
Mammouth
Park City
Snowboard
Squaw Valley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops wrote:
NZ
Remarkables
Wanaka/Treble Cone
Cardrona
Snow Park

Here you go + a few more....

Remarkables

Great park setup, really good on the pow days, consistent snow, lots of hikeable back country terrain. Cops get called + court + fine for pass sharing every time

TC

You need to be rich to pay the prices they ask. Epic on a pow day. No idea about sharing a pass, it's a novelty to be able to afford one.

Cardrona

Good laugh, nice off piste. Watching Danny Kass get arrested there was the highlight of the season this year.

Saw a report in the paper that a Japanese guy got caught using his mates pass this year, and the cops made him spend a week pot washing in the kitchens to avoid court.

Snow Park

Does what it says on the packet.

Now what you missed....

Coronet

Easy intermediate, biggest commercial area on the South Island, but good fun

Ohau

Sick on a pow day

Dobson

Not quite as sick as Ohau, but still good, really chilled out

Fox

Great. Rope Tows, club field, too cheap to bother not paying for a pass

Roundhill

Not much to write home about, good little park set up, the new rope tow next year will transform it if you have legs of steel and can hang on to the thing for 1.5km

Hutt

Amazing if you drive a Porsche Cayenne and have a nice gap between your goggles and bobble hat

Porters

Sick on a pow day, marginal otherwise

Cheeseman

Great fun, chilled out, good BC if you can do the walk

Broken River

One of the best, chilled club field with rope tows

Craigieburn

Ditto

Temple Basin

double ditto

Lyford

Cool little setup, gets some big pow days, annoying lift setup