Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI newsletter 95

Poster: A snowHead
is of absolutely no relevance to the snowboarders whatsoever. Much like my course debrief.

That is all. Kind of annoyed me on the train today while I was reading it. I counted the word snowboard 3 times. Nordic walking looks gay, is gay, and will always be gay. Telemarking with stolen piste poles also looks gay. Eurotest is gay. Special offers from stockli are gay. Clive woodward is gay. Hemel looks gay. The next british top ski prospects look gay. The cairngorn ad for snowboard teachers looks gay. Halti looks gay. Common theory looks gay. Due membership fees are gay.

More boarding, less gay please for the next one. Interview jenny jones at the very least, talk some crap about binding angles even, anything but more alpine. And make an adaptive snowboard course so I dont need to learn to ski. Thank you please.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Full marks for the rant - have to agree that adaptive seems a bit of a cop out for trousering a second discipline, although no doubt highly worthwhile.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonny luv plums, that rant should be the basis for an article you're going to write for BASI News 96 to right the imbalance...

Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, I know, it does say BASI is the kind of organisation that is made from it's members input. Maybe a 1 page "all that is gay" article.
Ah well, I'm just bitter because I wont be doing L2 this year Sad By the time I find time to do it my 1st aid will be out of date Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonny luv plums, I think by and large the 'feature' articles in the BASI News are written by members themselves, while the news storiess are written by staff or Board members. So if there's nothing in there for snowboarders I'd guess it's because not many snowboarders submit articles. Not that I'm criticising - I did sort of promise I'd write an article about my Mountain Safety course (the only on-snow course available to all disciplines AIUI) but still haven't got round to it...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had a few complaints last year that our club mag was 90% about racing. Well, that's what was submitted. If members submitted articles about other aspects of skiing, then they could be included.

Maybe the BASI Newsletter is the same?

Interestingly, for this year's (currently being compiled) we've had lots of non-racing articles sent in ....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I miss the letters page in the basi news. Dead funny. Think they took it out coz of all the bitchyness going on. But still VERY funny

Issue 123 = Dear BASI news, I think people who A Frame should all fail everything
Issue 124 = Dear BASI News, It not fair if people with (insert some complex medical leg problem) fail as it's not our fault that we A Frame
Issue 125 = Dear BASI News, I met a doctor in the bar last night and she said that (insert some complex medical leg problem) is just (insert some complex physiological problem) so they should fail
Issue 126 = Dear BASI News, You're a tw@t and you know nothing about (insert some complex medical leg problem) so I hope you get it as well
Issue 127 = Dear BASI News, Well I may be a tw@t but I passed ha ha ha
Issue 128 = Dear BASI News, etc. etc. etc

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny luv plums, stop moaning and try to persuade the boarders to write some articles then!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny luv plums wrote:
Nordic walking looks gay, is gay, and will always be gay.

To be fair it was a bit of a Nordic issue, but a friend wrote one of the articles and I don't think she's gay wink

But I'm with rob@rar, your rant would make the perfect article, and if Wayne could get the letters page back, life will be good Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can boarders write? Shocked

wink wink wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny luv plums, Hemel isnt Gay! Although we do welcome Gay people.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gilleski, so I see http://www.thesnowcentre.com/assets/cms/775/Drink-with-a-view.jpg

Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonny luv plums wrote:

Telemarking with stolen piste poles also looks gay.

If by that you are referring to telemarking with a traditional wooden lurk, I beg to differ:

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonny luv plums wrote:
gilleski, so I see http://www.thesnowcentre.com/assets/cms/775/Drink-with-a-view.jpg

Smile

Laughing That does look a little bit...well...gay?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This looks like fun - not gay at all:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5178521613340210053#
snow report
altis, yeah - they're probably boarders...

wink
snow report
Michelle, they're both bi actually (qualified to teach skiing and boarding, that is Wink )
latest report
Jonny luv plums, As I said, Hemel isnt Gay, but we welcome people who are!
ski holidays
Jonny luv plums sounds a rather gay name wink
ski holidays
cathy, there's a story about me, a public toilet and an old swiss guy that's even gayer Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy