Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Poland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone experienced skiing in Poland.

I have been told that taking the family (2 adults 2 children) to Poland is
very reasonably priced and more then suitable for a steady weeks skiing
with wife and kids in tow.

Anyone with experiences to share?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've skied in a small place called Szczyrk as it's close to our ski factory so a great place to do initial tests on new skis before we let them loose in Chamonix.
I find the people great and very welcoming. Good food also but beware the honey vodka.
The lift system where we test skis is funny as you pay to ride each lift ie pay a man everytime you catch the T bar.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Renry, I've never been there, but you may find this article of interest.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went to Zakopane in the mid 90s, more of a place for a winter holiday with some skiing than a ski holiday, im sure it may have changed some by now...then again...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Went to Zakopane in the mid 90s, more of a place for a winter holiday with some skiing than a ski holiday

Agreed. Went 2 years ago for a couple of days as an add on to a city break in Krakow. Great snow, pleasant town with lots of rustic restaurants and folklore-type violinists and a great cultural experience as it's unlike anywhere we'd ever skied. However, the skiing was very very limited. We skied 3 tiny areas - Nosal, Szymoskowa & Harenda - which all had one chairlift and 2 or 3 runs. We didn't manage to get up to the main area of Kasprowy Wierch, which gets decent reviews. This was because if you don't want to queue 3 hours to get up the mountain you have to buy a cable car ticket days in advance. We tried to get one for the next day but they were sold out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
never been, but my nephew went with a snowboarding friend whose parents were first generation Polish immigrants - so the lad spoke quite a lot of Polish. They had a great time with the Polish family, who were very hospitable, drank rather a lot of vodka and had a couple of days boarding, but he said the slopes (Zakopane) were pretty rubbish, especially as they hit a poor period for snow. He had the worst crash of his life and took a great deal of the skin of his face in the process.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zakopane is a quite nice town, but I think mountainaddict, summed it up perfectly - extremly limited separeted areas served by one chair. Even if you get on top of Kasprowy Wierch there are only 2 chairs there serving 2 black runs. Everywhere will be extremly busy and buses are unavoidable. You might wait even 30-40minutes to get on the chair and then ski down 1km run. Joke.
Ofcourse the food is good and other activities might be cheap like Horse-sleigh rides, snowmobiles etc.
About 30min drive from Zakopane there is a small village of Bialka Tarzanska which I belive have got the most modern lift system in Poland.
It is quite nice but again 4 or 5 chairs there serve literally one small hill, maybe 2km long, very very wide slope, with 2 little slopes on the sides.
http://www.narty.bania.pl/narty/s284-mapa.wyciagow.php
http://bialkatatrzanska.pl/index.php/en/gallery.html#5290437284118233585/1

They are normally open everyday up to 10pm and the evenings are not that busy. During the day queues will be extreme. Again 20 min wait for 4 min ride.

I think just across the border in Slovakia you will find much much better places - Jasna for example.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

beware the honey vodka

I'll vouch for that. Worked for a time in Warsaw a few years back and had a very blurry night when enticed to try this particular imbibement.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy