Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LuxVacation.com

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was looking to book an apartment in Espace Killy for 3 weeks next January. Looking at the HomeAway site, this company, "LuxVacation" is coming up frequently. Does any one have any direct experience or have any feedback at all? They seem to have a legit website but realize that doesn't mean a lot. I am slightly nervous as not many of the properties listed appear to have any reviews. I did a search and found that LuxeVacations - based in California have gone bust recently! This company appears to be a different one and is based in London and Hong Kong. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally I wouldn't touch them.

The company, LuxVacation UK Ltd, was only incorporated in 2016 and the only accounts they've filed in 2017 and 2018 have been for a 'Dormant' company with no trading activity and just a single £1 of issued capital / net assets. Which has to make you wonder how on earth they think they earned the British Travel awards in 2017 and 2018 that their website claims.

The website also strikes me as being very similar to that of Golden Chalets which was a scam site mentioned here https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148345 recently, but that has now been taken offline.

There has been a lot of effort put behind the site and they even have a few reviews around on homeaway but the headquarters claims to be in Hong Kong and the image of the headquarters down't look right nor do the bios of the staff if HK based.

So lots of holes in the site, things that don't add up, very few external reviews for a site that claims to have booked over 22,000 vacations and a few blatant untruths. Not someone I'd use even if they were genuine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"..but that has now been taken offline. …" still there as I type !?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nominated for the British Travel Awards again this year... see https://www.britishtravelawards.com/aco-6.php#A76. So might be okay?

But I wonder you if can self-nominate, or if the awards organisers do any due dilgence on nominations? (And I wouldn't touch them either)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 20-08-19 12:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ecureuil, "Throughout April and May companies are invited to submit their brands for listing in their elected categories on the consumer voting form"
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes. Companies can nominate themselves and it would easy to create a user identity and nominate your own company.

Golden Chalets wasn't up when i looked this morning but does seem to be back now. I'd assumed it had been taken offline but it would appear not.

This one is odd as it's clearly had 2-3 years of slow build up (company formation, etc) but there's so much that's wrong about it that I can't help suspect it's all been done to build up a veil of reality ready for a couple of months plundering before people catch on.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
both addresses are nothing more management companies.
If they exist, then its probably a 1 man reselling rentals.

Even their T&Cs are related to Hong Kong law, so you could try searching the Ltd company register for Hong Kong rather than the UK
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for your input. It's all enough to put me off. My alarms were ringing and there is enough concern expressed that I would be silly to go ahead with them. Pity - as they have some lovely apartments listed. But..... as they say.... if a deal is too good to be true etc.! I wonder how HomeAway can go ahead with listing these properties?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy