Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone recommend a good boot-fitter in the Oxford or Swindon areas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've had about 2 weeks worth of boarding now and I am quite happy with blues/reds and powdery pistes.

I was thinking of buying a pair of boots for the coming season and then maybe a board sometime in the future.

Can anyone recommend a good boot-fitter in the Oxford or Swindon areas?

Cheers,

Rich
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin at solutions4feet in Bicester is well recommended and also a snowhead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 2-10-09 12:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, I could be wrong, but I don't think he does snowboard boots.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, I've had a look at the website and they don't seem to sell snowbaord boots. I was really looking for a shop that sold boots, and had a resident recommended boot-fitter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jumpin Jack, ah, the problem of reading a thread title of 'boot's and not seeing what forum it was in Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Has anyone encountered a custom snowboard boot fitter that does the same kind of thing that CEM et al at SolutionsForFeet does?
A friend who has size 1.5 feet has had problems for years finding good boots.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jumpin Jack, not many places that even bother fitting them, more a case of try on and see what you like...similar principles 15-20mm space behind heel when toes touching front without liner in, not too much sideways slop a good footbed and a bit of hope..... some brands are better for differnt fot shapes than others but i couldn't tell you what works best for what foot

SS20 in cowley i have heard are pretty good, someone else may confirm
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jumpin Jack wrote:
Hi,

I've had about 2 weeks worth of boarding now and I am quite happy with blues/reds and powdery pistes. I was thinking of buying a pair of boots for the coming season and then maybe a board sometime in the future. Can anyone recommend a good boot-fitter in the Oxford or Swindon areas?

Cheers,

Rich

why not buy when you get out to a resort - you will find a boot fitter in most places that sell boots
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, that's a good idea I hadn't thought of that. Doh!

I'll be going to Davos though and with the Pound/Swiss Franc as it is - I'm not sure how the prices would compare.

My idea of getting a good boot-fitter, was to avoid my ski-boot experience. Try a pair on in the shop, walk around a bit, they seem ok, go skiing and after a few days they start to hurt like hell Sad

Perhaps with a resort shop they would be more willing to let me try a few rental pairs before buying a pair.

I'm now off to compare prices in the UK and Davos!

Cheers

Rich
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jumpin Jack, Davos Shocked just about as expensive as you will get wink I would recommend read the 'bootfitting' post at the top of the snowboard section, borrow your missus heated hair curlers and do it your self wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops wrote:
Jumpin Jack, Davos Shocked just about as expensive as you will get

OOH yea! Was there a few years ago when the exchange rate wasn't in the crapper and BOY was Davos pricey for kit. Think everything was ajusted by proximity to Klosters where everything is charged in myrrh

Go try some on and find something that fits then hit the interweb! Mate has just bought Vans Cirros about £60 cheaper online than in S&R. Bake up a couple of footbeds and you'll be away. Or the ski shows are coming up in London and Birmingham - should be a few 08/09 bargains out there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy