Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Scott Dunn experience.

Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from a week in Chalet Aroleid in Zermatt with Scott Dunn, and I have to say that they are worth every penny. I cannot think of a single thing to complain about, everything was perfect from start to finish, I cannot praise them highly enough. I have never had such a relaxing and enjoyable ski holiday in my life. I shall definitely be using them again.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, Thanks. I'll remember that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We really need a jealous smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would you like more details, or should I just leave it? Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No No. Dont get me wrong but We would love to do a Scott Dunn Hol once the kids have flown the nest. As much as you would likew to share please
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer, Tell me more I need to know already looking to next season
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok then, to start with you have scheduled BA flights with electronic check in, handily avoiding the huge queues at Gatwick.

When we got to Geneva, there was no waiting for other flights to arrive, your coach is for people from your flight going to your resort only. Also the pitch on the seats are about twice that on other transfer coaches, so it's very comfortable. On the bus they serve you a very nice packed lunch (home cooked cake and savoury pastries) with complimentary beer, wine or soft drinks.

When we got to the chalet (apartment), it was beautiful, very modern, and very comfortable. In the lounge area there was a plasma screen and a DVD player, with a selection of DVDs as well as an extremely comfortable sofa. In the bathroom there was a selection box of complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, and complimentary slippers. The bathroom was extremely well appointed, and had underfloor heating, as did the rest of the chalet. There were four people staying in our apartment (maximum six), and we had two staff, one chef and one chalet host. They were extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them, reservations, special shopping requests, calling taxis, and even picking up some post cards in town. Any dietary requests were accomodated, and the timing of meals was extremely flexible.

The position of the apartment was spot on, right next to the Klein Matterhorn lift. From our bedroom window we had an uninterrupted view of the Matterhorn. If we needed to go to one of the other lifts then we just let the chalet host know and she would call us an electric taxi to meet us outside the aparment. On four days out of five available we had one ski host to four people, which is apparently not uncommon. The ski-host would make our lunch reservations for us every day, and made sure that we knew where all the best restaurants on the mountain were. We had six excellent lunches, which usually came in at about £20 a head. Admittedly, we didn't go overboard at lunch, generally being too full from breakfast, and having dinner to look forward to.

Having a professional chef in the chalet meant that the food was outstanding. On the first night he discussed our likes and dislikes with us and then made up the menu accordingly. After being woken by a cup of tea or coffee in bed, breakfast was fruit, cereals (porridge, which we never got around to), croissants, and a choice of full english or the chefs daily special (omelettes, pancakes, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs). The timing of breakfast was extremely flexible and could be varied on a day to day basis. There was the obligatory afternoon tea, which was completely superfluous after the gormet lunches on the mountain. There were complimentary soft drinks and beer available at all times. On the first night we had a champagne reception, after that it was a choice of selected red or white wines, which were extremely drinkable. Dinner was four courses preceded by canapes, and was delicious every night. On one night we had to eat out (a great hardship in Zermatt!) because of the chalet staff's night off. Today the chef packed breakfast for us, for the transfer.

After the first day there I felt so relaxed and at home, it felt like I had been in the chalet for a week already, the Scott Dunn staff couldn't do enough to help us, and Zermatt is a wonderful place to ski (and have lunch!)). It will be difficult to go back to a normal chalet holiday again, even dropping down to Mark Warner is going to be a little difficult.

Apologies for the gloating Embarassed , but I just felt that I had to share my experiences with my fellow snowHead s.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 13-02-05 23:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sounds great, how are they price wise compared to Mark Warner, and are kids an option with them?

cheers,

greg
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't have kids myself, but they seem to be well catered for, there were quite a few nannies around. Prices can be found on the Scott Dunn and Mark Warner websites. Generally I think that Scott Dunn work out a couple of hundred quid per person more expensive, but for a lot of their chalets you have to take the whole chalet, which can work out a lot more expensive if you don't fill it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wow what a report and recommendation - more like a hotel than chalet, Kramer. Is guiding/lift pass ( latter probably not, not apparent from their site ) included in the price.?

f it is then is directly comparable with Club Med which is one all-in price.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 13-02-05 23:12; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer, Crikey, all I can say is that being a moderator must pay extremely well - I could have TWO ski holidays for the prices they're showing. Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hibernia, some weeks the lift pass is included in the price, if you book in advance and pay full price. Ski hosting (on piste guiding), is only available in Zermatt because of local rules in the other resorts. Ski hosting is part of the deal, although it is expected that you will pay for their lunch in the restaurants that don't give it to them for free.

Tony Ellwood, we only booked four days prior to departure, so we got a late availability deal. Very Happy Saying that, including a single supplement it did come to about twice what I've paid for other late availability deals. Both my friend and myself agreed that we would possibly pay full price in future (although not in high season!)

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 13-02-05 23:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oooh! Serious money. I've scrubbed my note Embarassed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer, Sounds good have to see how much bonus I can pay myself, you have to spoil yourself once in a while wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Guys, you have to bear in mind that I've got no dependants at the moment, so I only have to pay for one expensive holiday, rather than three or four (five, six, ten?) expensive holidays. It also means that myself and my skiing buddy can leave it very late and be flexible, which I think is by far the best way to book if you can get away with it. If we'd been prepared to share a room, then we would have got this holiday for half the brochure price at the time that we booked it. Childcare is the killer, which has also caused a lot of problems for some of my other skiing friends. I'm sure that when (if?) I have kids then I'll have to change my holiday plans. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Wow .. that sounds absolutely amazing !!
snow report
Quote:

Apologies for the gloating
None needed, great report......Some day, some day
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy