Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lycra - suave skiwear or fashion disaster ?

Poster: A snowHead
I have a very old pair of stretch ski pants that my wife refuses to let me out with as she says they are obscene. I had thought lycra was dead for ski clothing but then what do I see in a local ski shop ? Lycra salopettes, available in black or a fetching blue. How many of you out there still wear stretch ski pants ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No longer. I bought a pair for a laugh a few years ago. They cost a fiver and were on sale in Zara of all places Shocked I called them my bees knees (black with yellow and white bands at the knees). Wore them for about 3 trips. They were v. comfy and surprisingly warm. However, my expanding beer gut put paid to them a couple of years ago Toofy Grin . If I can find a pic I'll post it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
deerman, Laughing your wife is probably right.

But I can imagine that they are really comfy snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
halfhand, spare us, for god's sake Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lycra...As a base layer - fine. As an outer layer Laughing well you'd better be really good to pull that off.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ummm....

Your wife's right. Men in lycra should never, ever be seen in public.

I was stuck on the train a while back with a chap in his (lycra) cycling gear stood right next to me. His crotch was at eye level. It was really rather unpleasant.

That is the kind of thing that men in lycra inflict on poor unsuspecting people Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm always ready to oblige with a bit of lycra clad action for the ladies

http://www.bivouak.net/album_photos/p/Poudreuse_14881.jpg
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lycra skiwear should be worn by women only, and then only if they're a neat size 10 or smaller.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

size 12
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I met this young lycra lout in the Jura last year

she's obviously very keen on flying the flag.

here she is from the front.

http://severinepont.romandie.com/resserver.php?blogId=14255&resource=reunion%20046.smb.jpg&mode=medium
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
we get a lot of cross country skiers in the Beaufortain. Some (both sexes) look fantastic in those outfits. Most don't. Especially when everything, including the fabric, has lost that youthful spring. Fat men look bad in it but skinny men look worse.

My brother, who is not a skinny man, once wore purple lycra, rather too small for him, to a fancy dress party. He won a prize as the best-dressed haemorroid.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In these sort of lycra situations, wives and women are ususally right, so take the OH advice.

However, having seen the numbers of young women resorting to the 'jeggings' phenomenon round these parts, I think I might have to go and post in apres thread about why are brits rubbish at dressing... Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
deerman, no - don't do it. End of.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof, Both fine examples of the only type of people who should ever wear Lycra on the slope!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davidof, now there's someone you wouldn't mind being behind on a bootpack.
snow report
Swirly, don't rate my chances of staying close for very long
snow report
Arno, true but there is an incentive, a bit like the donkey and carrot approach.
snow conditions
perfectly acceptable if you look like this.....

snow report
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in case of any remaining doubt...

NNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not for your benefit, its for the rest of us dying laughing!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
More lycra luvverlies

Janine from East Enders

Lara gut and Linsey Vohn in spandex... a dream come true
latest report
davidof,
Quote:

Lara gut and Linsey Vohn in spandex... a dream come true

I need to up my game ... fast
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy