Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swedish turns and other drills to help being centred

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tried Swedish turns for the first time last night......tricky little bleeders aren't they!! rolling eyes

I've generally got the idea of what is needed and why the drill is used....... but loads more practice is needed. Wondered if anyone had a vid of this type of turn being performed well so that I can look at the drill in detail and see if I can introduce a bit more finese in my turns (rather than looking like a drunken daddy long legs!)

Any other vids you have for centering and balance drills would be great

Tack så mycket! (as those tricky Swedes would say) rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/qFB66xANk1A&NR=1
here is skimotteret's description of the drills

10 he goes into an Ollie with his tips raised (a Nollie is with tails raised)

:20 not sure perhaps he refers to as Novegians (we use that term for pole planting with both pole tips on the same side)
:25 i would call that a hopping charleston
:29 Swedish turns
:47 Fast Charlestons

He is very good at these demos, the swiss and austrians use these as pass fail drills for instructors to demonstrate "forms"
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks RPF, that's excellent

:35 is what I know to be a Swedish turn (certainly what we were doing last night).

Good demos as you say. I'd better get practising as I'm looking to do a season in Austria and may well be taking the Austrian exam(s) come the end of the season
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it just me? Or does anyone watch those drills and sit in awe that it can be made to look so easy, yet if we were to try anything simlar we would just end up on our backsides!! ?Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, Its not just you wink
When you see them done so well though it makes you want to do them cause it looks fun. They no longer look like drills just something fun to do on skis. If you can laugh at yourself and your mates whilst learning them then it makes them even better. When you're falling you know youre trying (thats my excuse anyway).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy