Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boots and aching arches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've noticed that my arches are just killing me by the end of the day. First noticed it last year with a new pair of rollerblades, and now with my ski boots. The boots are custom fitted boots, only 3 years old, and I ski on them perhaps 5x/year - so they don't see that heavy use. Any ideas as to what's causing this?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds like you are missing a custom made footbed or if you have one then either its not fitted properly or maybe you are putting too much clamping force on the 2nd clip and this is pushing down on your arch?

I'd get a professional boot fitter to take a look at the boot and footbeds (if u have any already) and he/she should be able to suss out a solution.

Good luck

David
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads, Sebastian snowHead

My wife had a similar problem, which was fixed with thermally moulded custom footbeds, done in resort having bought the boots at S&R in the UK.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks folks. I'd gotten custom beds with the boots - sounds like it may be time to revisit them...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I ski on them perhaps 5x/year
. That's actually quite a high proportion of snow holidays for the average Brit. Are you living near snow? Or a dryslope? Puzzled Sorry, just jealous. wink In any case 3 years x 5 trips, = 15 trips: might be that your footbed and or boot liner has worn down enough to stop being sufficently supportive? Could also be that your biodynamics have altered due to age/injury since your last footbed fitting.

Or, just speculating, your technique is crap - in which case: lessons.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm actually not a brit, i'm across the pond from y'all Madeye-Smiley most of those trips consist of day trips, i live on the east coast, within driving distance of local resorts. i'm inclined away fromtechnique (although it very well may be crap Madeye-Smiley ) simply because i've skiied for years, and this is a fairly recent issue. I did break my knee 2 years ago in a car accident, so that's an interesting insight you bring up that perhaps as a result of that, something's 'off'..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Since you got these custom fitted before the accident, maybe the way your foot rests in the boot is at a slightly different angle? I don't know if this is actually something that would happen, just throwing it out there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sebastian, as you feel pain in both arches it might be worth checking to see if your arches have fallen slightly i.e. you are little flat footed. I discovered new arch pain a few years ago and the cause was attributed to this. Answer:- orthopedic footbeds.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy