Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Torgon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I have the possibility of a timeshare exchange week in Torgon at the beginning of February. I have skied the Portes du Soleil area and know it is great and would suit us, so that's not the issue. What bother us is that looking at the map, Torgon seems a bit out on a limb with only one lift taking you to Chatel. We wondered if it might in fact difficult to get the best out of the area from a place so much on the margins. It doesn't even look as if you could jump in the car and easily access the more central stations. We don't want to find that it takes ages to get to and from the good skiing and that at the end of the day there are anxieties about not missing a vital uplift to get home.

Any info to help us decide whether to take the week would be appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are able skiers it would not be too much problem getting around the circuit. You could get a car and drive to Champoussin, but why bother. You will find the Torgon area very quiet so can ski over to Champoussin via Morgins pretty quickly. There is a drag that you need to take to get you up to the Chatel area and that has been the only bottle neck I have experienced in the area but that said you will hit that about 1.5 hours ahead of those from Chatel. Have fun.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have had a couple of bargain March weeks in Torgon, and friends have been late January as well. Torgon is very quiet, not much in the way of bars or restaurants, and there is a series of lifts to take to connect with more skiing. One chair goes up from La Jorette, and of the two March weeks and one January week that lift and piste was only open on one of them due to inadequate snow. The Late January week was in the bad season a couple of years ago - for that week there no skiing at all anywhere near Torgon, they drove to Glacier 3000 every day. After that chair there are links towards Super Chatel (a chair then drags), and some stuff accessed by drags towards la Chapelle, but this also closed on of my trips. Going towards Super Chatel you can easily go to Morgins, Champoussin, and Le Croset, and you could probably make Avoriaz and back in a day, so lots of good skiing is available. The big downside is that there is quite a long way out and back which is the same every day, on some blues, and reds, including one unavoidable quite steep one that that got cut up, and was challenging for some on tired legs near the end of the day. In March we never experienced anything much in the way of queues, but the uplift is pretty basic, non-detachable chairs, pomas, and some T-bars.

I enjoyed my trips there, as bargain trips, but I probably wouldn't go back
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ccl, I think your assessment is a good one. The links are poor and dont give you quick access to the best bits of the PdS. The uplifts are basic and the return runs arent the best and tend to be icy late in the day. The location doesnt make for easy access to other resorts by car.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info and comment - it's great the way people on this forum are so prepared to spend time helping each other. All in all, it's clear to us that my first thoughts were right - this is not the place for us
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy