Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Dilemma

Poster: A snowHead
Have flights booked to VAncouver for 20th-31st MArch. Have paid deposit for accomodation. The situation looks none to good there at the moment. I have recieved an e-mail today requesting the balance for the apartment, but I am reluctant to shell out nearly 1400 quid, having already paid a small lottery win for the flights, when the snow does not look like it will last another week. The pics on epicski are dire indeed. Anyone with any better news? I am not sure what the situation would be with the flights either.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
But 20th-31st March is nearly 2 months away - a lot can happen in that time (including snowing)! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Firstly, Helen, I'd tell the landlord that you wish to vary the contract. He/she is in no position to enforce it. Explain your position in full, that you have made the full commitment to fly, that you cannot be expected to commit any further gamble.

Tell him that you want to pay the balance upon arrival (that's how most hotels operate), and would like a revised contract on that basis. It's obvious that you're not going to pull out unless you have to, especially if you can prove that your flights are non-refundable - are they?

He'll probably compromise by asking for the balance in a month's time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, I think I can alter the dates, and maybe even the destination (but obviously at a cost). I know it could snow heaps before then, and I hope it does, but equally, don't want to fly all that way to find bare slopes and slush.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont,

I'm there at the same time: I've already paid the full whack for our two weeks and I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed. It's still seven weeks to go. A lot can happen in that time, and I'm praying it does, but I can tell you that I'm going to be obsessively checking out www.whistler-insider.com until we go.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Acacia, me too, will try and stall them on the balance for a week or two though to see how things shape up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, two weeks ago I went to Tignes with visions of rocky pistes and grass, one week ago i came back whilst avalanches were falling all over the mountains, major roads were being closed and the snow kept on coming. I think that David's suggestion is a good one but I don't think that you need to spend the next 6-7 weeks nervously biting your fingernails - I am sure that the mountains will look vastly different by then.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont, I would be extremely surprised if Whistler doesn't have loads of good quality snow by the time that you get there. From what I remember people telling me last time that I was there, the snow in Whistler tends to come later in the season.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer, I really hope you're right. I'm booked for 10 days at Whistler leaving 22nd Feb. Got my fingers tightly crossed that temperatures will drop and that plenty of new snow will be hitting BC over the next 3 weeks. Paid in full with Snowfinders & Ski All America, haven't yet investigated how feasible it is to switch to another resort at this late stage (not very, I expect) Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Helen, we are in the same boat but a little earlier. Booked for 2 weeks from 5 March for what was to be the holiday of a lifetime. Have shelled out a fortune for flights condo etc. Does anybody know where else to go in Canada, assuming we are in Vancouver and whistler is bare??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nigels

try the Barking Bear forum (Epic Ski). Lots of info on the state of Whistler and suggestions for alternative resorts within a (relatively) short drive. Be warned. A Canadian`s idea of a `short drive` is not the same as ours.

Like you & Helen I too am heading out to Whistler although not till late March. I`m becoming rather obsessive about the whole thing. There`s a horrible fascination reading about other people`s dismal holidays and thinking that could well be me. What`s embarrasing is that I managed to persuade 5 others to head out to Whistler with us - gave them the spiel about guaranteed snow, great skiing, friendly locals, reasonable lift queues etc. Well, I may have got the lift queue bit right. They`re going to be non-existent. Having said all that - and I admittedly know b#### all about mountains and Canadian (or any) weather systems, weather does seem to change quickly. With a bit of luck the snow will return. Good luck. Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
taken from RSN.com, this is at least a bit more accurate concerning conditions......

Whistler Blackcomb Mountains

Mother Nature and a stalled Pacific frontal system bringing excessive precipitation has created some extraordinary challenges at Whistler Blackcomb. Due to the current weather situation, Whistler Blackcomb is currently running on limited operations. Our crews are working around the clock to improve the situation on the mountains and to open terrain as conditions allow.

By March I think you will be fine.....if there is one thing that is unpredictable about the mountains its the weather. As we saw in europe pre xmas its was shaping up to be a pretty poor start and then.....its been amazing ever since.

I was there in Nov a couple of years back and they had a similarly crap start and the locals couldnt beleive the conditions, 3 days after we left it arrived and dumped big style - you just never know.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nigels,

If you're thinking of going somewhere else (by all accounts the resorts in the Okanagan are holding up well), bear in mind that winter driving on highways through BC is not a walk in the park. Few of the roads are divided highways, and most are only single lane (in each direction, though Laughing ). Add into that potholes, occasional landslides and stray moose, and you have to be careful.

Also, try not to drive at night, because the lower temperatures following a warm day can result in refreezing of snowmelt on the road (especialy in spring). You might be able to get cheap flights from Vancouver into Kamloops or Kelowna, though.

beetle,
I'm still optimistic that conditions will improve. If not, you, me and Helen Beaumont, will just have to spend our time drowning our collective sorrows in one of the numerous watering holes.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We'r eonly going because friends wanted to come with us this Easter, and they fancied it. We booked our flights and sorted out a condo for us, but they have now backed out (legitimate excuse-her mother's seriously ill) . We're the ones potentially losing the money though.
ski holidays
Ok so it looks like there are lots of us in the same boat (sick choice of words I know). Anyway it looks like it is improving a bit this week.
ski holidays
I think there's quite a few other SnowHeads out there at that time too.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, I think conditions will improve over the next 2 weeks temperature is set to drop and some snow forecast. It wont make it a mega season but I'm sure there will be enough snow for good skiing.
snow conditions
Helen, lets not panic just yet sweetie. I was there when all the rain began a couple of weeks ago, and the last couple of days of my trip were a tad soggy (understamtement of the year). Did you know that the rain storm was so bad and so extreme that there were mud slides in Vancouver, and someone died?

Anyway, the snow in the higher alpine is holidng up well, and hopefully by then the bottom will have recovered too.

I talked with my friends about it at the weeeknd as, like you, our balance payments are due, and we have decided to go for it.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed.
snow report
Robbie, you going to pack your mountain bike just in case?
latest report
Nah, too heavy to take, i will just rent one when i get there Toofy Grin

Or maybe just take my little yellow rubber ducks with me to play in the puddles.

Oh well, such is life, whatever the conditions i will have fun, i am sure. And, i do really believe, that the top of the mountain will be fine, and with any luck it will all have recovered by then.
snow conditions
Robbie, I'd heard about the mudslides, my friend's sister lives in Vancouver, but was still over here on holiday when it happened. I think we'll be going for it too. See you in Whistler!!! perhaps all the SnowHeads out there should take their rubberr ducks and we could race them !! snowHead
ski holidays
*Giggle* Now i like that idea, a whole new sport, Rubber Duck Racing. As the snow head stickers didnt materialise, it could be a good way of spotting fellow snowheads!

I met Stuarth when i was there in Janaury, by the way. This strange man came up to me and said, are you Robbie of Reading!! Very bizarre.
ski holidays
Robbie, I met Harley a couple of weeks ago - he turned up in Lauters - no photos of him, but you'll see the scenery here...
www.wtfh.com then going to the skiing pages
latest report
Robbie, very bizzare, how did he know? Was he going round asking everyone?
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Robbie, very bizzare, how did he know? Was he going round asking everyone?

Laughing

Well, not quite. Couldn't miss her really (and literally later in the week!) snowHead Little Angel I met David (lbt) earlier this week, strangely he knew who I was snowHead

Robbie, See you in a few weeks, it's stopped raining at last, forecast is unfortunately not for much snow but freezing cold again so at least they'll be able to make some to fix the damage.
You needn't have worried about me nicking your skis, I broke my SX9s and the shop changed them for a shiny new pair of SX10s under warranty snowHead

The bike park looks in great condition so does the golf course Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Oh wow, stuarth, great news about the shiny new skis. Darn it, i could have stored mine with you then after all. Ggrrrr. Ooh, maybe not, knowing my luck it would then have been mine that you broke!! I know LBT and his wife, say hi to them for me please.

Wear The Fox Hat, oh wow, was he well? He is a great guy.

Helen Beaumont, Aparenlty i am fairly unique, there can only be one of me!

snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy