Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Flights from Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
It looks as though winter flight routes are contracting. Ryanair have stopped flying Glasgow Prestwick to Grenoble. This is a pity as Grenoble is a nice little city & you could usually get a reasonable deal on the Prestwick flight. The number of flights to France from Glasgow or Edinburgh are getting fewer. Unless I've missed something it seems we're left with:

Edinburgh to Geneva (Easyjet & Globespan)
Glasgow to Geneva (Easyjet)
Edinburgh to Chambery (Jet2)
Edinburgh to Lyon (Easyjet)

Anyone think of any routes I've missed?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah its not great now.

Easyjet to Munich can be used for Austria & Germany
BMI to Zurich
I think the tour operators have a few spaces on their flights too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
See here for one or two more

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1263142&highlight=#1263142
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
heres a weird one - for anyone wantinga pre Xmas trip Easyjet dont have a flight on 12th Edi to Gen, but they do any other day odf that week, or has someone completely block booked the plane??? Yeah skiing from scotland (not even going into the debate about skiing in scotland) is getting trickier
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used both Easyjet to Munich and BMI to Zurich before though not for skiing
Used train transfers from Zurich last summer
Car hire from Munich to Arabba a few weeks ago which was fine in the summer but not sure I would want to do it in one go on winter roads
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
al.p, scottishskier, bitoffluff, Garfield, Non charter flights from Scotland really suck, especially to my favoured Austria. I usually have to pay around £250 per flight (more last year) to fly TUI Edinburgh to Innsbruck. Let's get a campaign going Evil or Very Mad Vive la revolution Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With a family of 4, including 2 of school age it has become very expensive to fly from Scotland direct to European ski destinations. Unless you book within minutes of release, flights around school holidays rarely cost less than £1000 for 4.

We have our New Year trip booked on easyjet, where I did book on the day of release, but are contemplating driving down if we can make a second trip as we can't afford the £1000 for flights. We have flown from NCL and MAN before so these may be an option to save some cash, as may Leeds Bradford.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
weedram, Newcastle is pretty limited as well.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If your in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness or Aberdeen (or inbetween stations) the ScotRail Sleepers are imo an excellent way to get to London and being a proper train there is a guards van if you can't stuff everything in your cabin. I know people consider it a faff transferring across London from Euston (or other station) to one of the airports, but it's not that bad. I've done it from Heathrow to Euston on the Tube alone with 5 months worth of kit, ski boots, snowboard boots, skis and snowboard! Was completely out done by the aussie guy with the two surfboards though!

Last time I did this I went on daytime trains and stayed over near Heathrow, got to London for £25! Cool

Alternatively, if you must fly, I hear Flybe do Edinburgh to Inverness, now about Skiing in Scotland.... snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
al.p, Ryanair used to do Edinburgh and Glasgow Prestwick to Turin as well as to Grenoble.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the replies.

Hadn't considered Turin but that might be an option as you can get into France via the Frejus tunnel & flights to Italy tend to be cheaper.

Being restricted to school holidays compounds the problem. For two week breaks in the summer & Easter we are fans of the Hull-Zeebruge ferry but too much driving for just one week. The Eurostar to Bourg St Maurice might be an option but I think it is just as expensive as flying & you still need to get to London.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
al.p,
Don't think you can do Turin anymore but we did Edin <-> Milan last season and went through the Frejus tunnel. Plenty of decent skiing in Italy as well of course.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What's with the direct flight fixation, easyjet to Munich is crap, Lufthansa via Frakfurt is as cheap (usually) and far better flight times. To Innsbruck is a bit hit and miss on cost, but flight times are great.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ghost Dog, must disagree. I have used the Easyjet Munich route three times in the past year with no problems whatsoever.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ghost Dog, What makes you think that? Like andytb I've used it may times and it's fine.
snow conditions
Sorry, nothing wrong with flight in that it gets you from Edi to MUC, but the times are deadful. Lufthansa can have you in Munich for the back of 12, and you can fly home at 8 pm, way more time on slopes. Like wise to Innsbruck where return flight is at 6pm, you could (and we did) ski until 3pm and make your flight.

And on way out there's time for a breakfast beer at Frankfurt.

Some of the flights this year are via Manchester or Heathrow, rather than Fankfurt, fewer flights to Frankfurt this year.
snow conditions
al.p, you don't need the Fréjus tunnel to get into France, the Col de Montgenevre takes you directly to Serre Chevalier, past the Milky way, and through Montgenevre itself. Through the other side of Briancon, you can head to Puy St Vincent, Risoul and Vars.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy