Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My Bandit B2s are really nice.

Poster: A snowHead
And I like them loads.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have already booked my pair for Vald'i the week after next... Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What other skis have you tried? I'm out in Cham for a few days next week and am considering hiring a pair to try as an all mountain ski. My current favourite is the 1080, which has a sidecut of Sidecut: 114/80/108, compared to the B2's sidecut of 113/76/93, so underfoot the 1080 has a little more.

I'm interested as to how the B2 skis in crud and powder, I assume it'll outperform the 1080 on-piste.

How does it do in moguls?

regards,

greg
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gregh, I've tested it back to back with K2 Apache recons, and I preferred the Bandits, I found them a bit easier to turn. In powder I find that they float very well, and are nice and responsive, similarly I think that they are quite good on the crud and slush. I couldn't comment on a comparison with 1080s as I didn't try any of those. I don't go to the park often, and I can't ride switch on anything tougher than a blue. Before I bought them, I've been skiing on Bandits on and off for a couple of years so I guess that I'm a bit biased.

I personally think that moguls are more about the skill of the skier, and possibly the length of the skis, rather than the type of ski that you're on, but I'm willing to be corrected on that point. I certainly don't have enough skill in the bumps to be able to tell the difference.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok, thanks for the info, I've only ever skied a park once, the 1080s just seem a real easy all round ski, guess I'll try the B2s depending on the condition, what kind of sizes do they go for?

I used to ski a 204cm Force9, then a 187 Xscream and have been on a 171 1080 the past few years!!!

The recon seems wider underfoot than the B2, did you try it off and on piste?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to guage where the B2 shines Wink

cheers,

greg
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gregh, didn't get the chance to try the recon in powder, but I just didn't like it on-piste, which is where I do the majority of my skiing. I have to say that most other professional reviews seem to disagree with me, and consistently rate the B2 second behind the recon.

The B2 comes in the following sizes - 160-170-176-182-190

The B2 doesn't shine in any one area, it's beauty as a true all-mountain ski is that it's pretty good in all areas, without any major weaknesses.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not that my review is professional! Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer, I agree about the B2's. I bought them as they seemed to offer a reasonable compromise (I ski about 50% on and 50% off piste when conditions allow). I used them for the first time in 3 Valleys last month. I was worried that the conditions when we were away would be all wrong for them - hard, stale snow with rocks and stones to keep your attention. But they were brilliant - turned much better than I expected and flew through moguls.

gregh, I am 5'7 and 10.5 stones and am happy on the 170s.

Looking forward to getting them in powder (I hope) in Chamonix at the end of the month.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think the Head Monster 75 is far better than the B2 in soft snow conditions. Both may be found wanting on ice though, but then what ski that has been mentioned wouldn't be?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
B2 was definitely found wanting on ice in La Plagne/Les Arcs last week (was it only last week?). That said, my old Atomics used to stick to ice like something that sticks to ice exceptionally well, so I may have been spoilt before. Otherwise I found them very nice to ski on, but then ski length, my (lack of) technique and my old boots probably had more effect on my ski experience than the type of ski used.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skanky,

Sorry, I didn't get to the meet in Les Arcs and apologies all round the others that did make it. We waited all week to do a video and as you know what the weather was like was only left with the one day, monday..!!
It was low cloud in La Plagne but I have to say the skiing was excellent. Headed back to the UK tuesday...The best f**** day...!!!

I am not sure when I can get away again, might have to look at the end of season bash to put faces to names.

How was yours...??
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm not best keen on the B2s on ice, but short of full on slalom skis, I'm not sure that anything else is that much better.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It might be your technique guys Very Happy A colleague was over here a few weeks ago when the slopes were like glass, he rented B2's, skied them for the first time and his first time on the slopes for a couple of years , and he had no problem at all, in fact they seemed excellent compared to my skis which hadn't been edged for weeks and had no grip at all.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT, no worries, there were a few there so it was not a wasted trip (as if one to the FS would be!). Had a good first couple of days on thin snow and ice, followed by some great days in the "blizzards", and ending up with some superb days in the (cold) sunshine. I even learnt how to ski off-piste and do moguls (well, in theory, my ability doesn't yet match it).

ise, it may well be, esp. as I started to get better grip as I went on. However, I found that I was having to do more work to get the grip than I have to do on my old skis, so my old skis are better (which is all i can really compare with), and thus my technique probably got a bit "lazy". As I say, I was spoilt by them on ice.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ise, fair point well made.
latest report
It had to be the skis, otherwise they were better skiers than me, so I ruled that out pretty quick Very Happy
latest report
I just tested my new B2's over in Alpe Duez the other week - had prev had 2 days free hire from the Rossi test centre in la Grave in 2004. Found them excellent in off piste powder, pretty good in the terrain park (beginers one - not the big jumps). On icey blacks they gave no problems with edge grip and on groomed runs they were noticably faster than my friends hire skis on straight skiing (small tip wobbles apparent at high speed when skiing flat but carving was soooo stable). Even did a few little drop offs on them (a few good crashes also). Gave me so much confidence, I've now skied 2 weeks and the B2's are letting me attempt things I'd only dreamed of. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy