Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New setup - suggestions please

Poster: A snowHead
I'm hankering to change kit.

My boots are wrecked, my Flows are almost broke and my board (Santa Cruz Gold Series) is good, but long and stiff so rubbish for that 'jibbing' malarkey I've seen on the telly.

I ride been riding for a while and I'm toying with doing the basi L2 at some point (have the L1). I'm not interested in the park\freestyle but will have to do a bit on the L2. Off piste and carving is more my thing.

I liked the idea of a Forum board after watching old skool videos of JP Walker & Peter Line, but have just seen the brand was taken over by Burton. Maybe a twin tip would be the thing to make riding switch easier.

My Flow's Pro IIs are nice and quick when I'm out and about with skiers but my L1 trainer suggested 'trad' bindings for more performance, but I'd want cap straps if I went that way.

Any suggestions for a set-up ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
david@mediacopy wrote:

I liked the idea of a Forum board after watching old skool videos of JP Walker & Peter Line, but have just seen the brand was taken over by Burton. Maybe a twin tip would be the thing to make riding switch easier.

I belive JP Walker is still deeply involved with Forum but your right they are now owned by Burton, don't know if thats such a bad thing more cash for design and development!

Recently swapped to a K2 board and love it on the indoor parks not had an all mountain run on it yet (and won't now for a good 9 months or so)!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JP Walker actually had quite an acrimonious split with Forum and now rides for Stepchild.

I would also give a big thumbs up for K2, my current board (Titan - wide Zeppelin) is superb!

At the moment there's so much "new technology" around, I would seriously advocate considering Bataleon and Lib Tech who are at the bleeding edge. Next season every brand have variations of "rocker" so I would explore what's available when the new models are released.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ronaldothefrog, Titan / wide Zeppelin is one of the boards I'm looking at. At the moment I ride a standard width board with Burton Elevators to lift the bindings a little. They solved any toe\heel drag problems. What size feet are you ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm a size 11 boot and I have no probs whatsoever with the titan. Mine is the 08 model with the carbon sintered base and seriously it is biblically fast. Took it away to the 3Vs in feb and was just amazed at what a good ride it is. The Zep has got a reputation as being a bit of a beast - punishing if you don't ride it right, I guess I am a mid-intermediate and I just found it really stable, even at speed. I was overtaking just about everyone on the flats. I would really recommend it if you can get your hands on one Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Im considering a Jamie Lynn 154 when it comes out Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
forum are owned by burton but tbh burton tends to stay out of their business. they bought forum 'to stop another core company going under'
how much of that you believe is up to you. JP did rather unceremoniously jump ship to Stepchild, as did a number of other riders, but forum still has a strong team with some great young riders like pat moore putting in some R&D.
have a look at the stepchild terry kidwell from a couple of years ago, im pretty sure they still have one at snowboard-clearance.com
its an all round stomper. great on piste, awesome off piste and its killer in the park. its big, its bad and it'll rip your balls off if you get it wrong but when you get it right, its friggin awesome.
The Zep is cool, its not changed much over the years and is pretty standard fare for anyone who is a little bigger or who wants to go harder, it not anywhere near twin though and it sucks on a rail... so your so called 'jibbing' will be very difficult to learn on a zep.
when you look at bindings, have a go at looking at union bindings... they are the dogs danglies, nuff sed. DONT BUY FLOWS. YOU ARENT OLD OR A BEGINNER. you want something witht he same ease of use, get some K2 Cinch's, they are rock solid, 'light' and very very comfy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bigpantsjayke, Cheers for the info. I've just looked them, & up it's a tempting proposition.

Out of interest what's your recommendation for 'trad' bindings ? How do you reckon the Cinch's compare ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Im getting the new Lib Jamie Lynn (the one wth the orange)

Just bindings left to pick now Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dave_wick, oh god yes!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oh my - the aliens have landed Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowboard-clearance.com - anyone bought from them ? There's not much in the way contact details on the site.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
no, but i reckon you could trust them - it's The Snowboard Asylem's outlet to get rid of old stock. i've only had good experiences with TSA/EllisB's mail order system. Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rogg, Ah, fair 'nuff Very Happy

I'm tempted for the stepchild, terry kidwell as mentioned above. Anyone else have any experience with the K2 Cinch's bindings mentioned ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dave_wick, i assume you have looked into the spec of the Jamie Lynn - what's the main diffs between that and a Skate Banana?
snow report
david@mediacopy, I like them, exactly what is wrong with flow is right with them. Only problem I ever saw was the cable pop out of one but that was it. I would never sell flow to anyone, not even my worst enemy, the cinch I would sell quite happily.
snow report
Jonny luv plums, as good as 'trad' strap bindings ?
ski holidays
david@mediacopy, The same just with a better flow type rear entry that you can opt to use or not.
snow report
I used to work for snowboard-clearance.com or TSA manchester, what ever you prefer.
I have owned a couple of pairs of K2 cinchs... dont buy the cheap ones, they are cheap for a reason... get the Cinch CTXs... they wont let you down
I had greatr experiences with my cinches, I had the first pair when they came out and they weighed about as much as my board. now they weigh a fraction of that thanks to advances in tech. They have all the good things about normal strap style bindings and all the good things about flow style bindings without any of the cons. Flows are unresponsive and soggy and difficult to get in and out of in powder or on a slope facing down hill... Cinches are so quick and easy when you want them to be but they stick to their guns when you need them to.

If you want to contact the guys at snowboard-clearance, send an email to info@snowboard-clearance.com you should get a reply within a day or two.
ski holidays
Bigpantsjayke, what do you think to the Apo Expresso against the K2 cinchs........i guess you have allready ruled out the flows wink
ski holidays
andybabes, apo expresso are without doubt the nastiest binding I ever had the misfortune of setting up, ever. I couldnt care if they do whatever, I reckon I'd destroy them within one week, maybe less.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy