Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I love Ebay

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
God, I love ebay...

To date I have bought, Electric Goggles, a Westbeach Summit Jacket, Burton Field Pants, Analog Gloves, Protec B2 Audio Helmet and a Dakine Heli Pro back pack. All of which have been awesome.

Last week I got one of these:

A Volkl Squad Jibster 158.
Its from the 05/06 season so it's a few years old but the base is pretty much perfect, hasn't seen a lot of use. £40.

I tried it out yesterday with my new bindings

£75 in an end of season sale.

The board is awesome, it has convex edges (a bit like a Bataleon) so it's really easy to spin and hit rails without catching. It's got loads of pop still and butters beautifully. You don't see many Volkl boards around in the UK, but having done my research it seems that they are a pretty top-end ski make. Has anyone on here had any experience of their boards?
The bindings are cool too - take quite a bit of setting up but once done hold the feet nicely in position, feel secure and are well quick to get in and out of. Really light too...

So in summary I am very chuffed Very Happy . I was always a bit skeptical about whether I should buy a 2nd hand board off ebay, but now I have I would probably do it again (if it was the right board).

I think my next purchase will be a servicing kit. I've got my eye on one of these: http://snipurl.com/j9pby anyone got an opinion on whether its worth getting?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After buying a board off ebay earlier this season I highly recommend it! Mine was 2 seasons old and prob about 1/6 of the price of the this years model, it's gotta be played right though. Local pick up is a great one 'cause you already lose 75% of the countrys interest.

Gotta be the right price, but ebay is your friend! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Volkl make awesome boards. you have picked up a bargain there. the squad is a sick stick... ive ridden a few of them and despite being FAR too much for a beginner, they are kick ass in the pipe and kill it on big hits. Ive never ridden the jibster but ive heard good things. The price and availability is probably why you dont see many of them around. TSA and S&R both used to stock the squad back in 04/05 and again in 05/06 but because they are priced according to their performance, they got overlooked and went unsold. if you find any of these Gems around now, pick them up, they are absolutely awesome boards all round.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bigpantsjayke, have you seen the horror shock on the newer ones Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonny luv plums wrote:
Bigpantsjayke, have you seen the horror shock on the newer ones Shocked

That'll be this:

looks pretty mental... Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy