Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Liberty Helix - Advice Please!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In the market for a "Fat" ski and have seen a pair of the above skis for sale @ £150 flat. I would appreciate other Snowheads thoughts on this!! I am an advanced skier that is a trend follower hence the desire to ski fat skis!!! It is purely for off-piste skiing as I am getting a bit long in the tooth for continuing to wrestle my slalom carvers through the deep stuff!! Thoughts please!!

Clem
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sound Skis? Dimensions look a bit like the (old) Gotama - I'm sure there will be some reviews on TGR. At that price seems a decent deal.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've mounted a couple of pairs of Helix & a few other Liberty models & they seem very well made. IIRC the Helix were a £400+ ski so £150 is a bargain.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But remember most U.S reviewers might not have the same exposure to our sort of snow. For example a ski that gets rave reviews for Whistler might not have the hard pack performance that skiers in the alpes needs.

What they call crud is chopped up fresh snow, IMV... and their version of ice might differ somewhat as well... so altho TGR might have a wealth of info and reviewers...you might need to temper that with your usage...

Having said all that...and re-read the OP.... off -piste, should be just the ticket

http://www.ski-review.com/content/view/704/30/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks!! I skied this years Gotama 3 weeks ago in Stubai. An excellent ski and thoroughly enjoyed the experience! I had heard that there were parrallels to be drawn between the two skis.

Spyderjon,

What is the preffered binding and prices to buy and mount? I appreciate there is a wide spectrum of both but I would be looking at the cheapest binding that would be considered up to the job!!

Clem
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clem156, I only go for all metal chassis bindings for durability/no flex etc, with the extra weight not noticeable. I sell Vist (which I'd be pleased to quote you for) but the higher end Look/Rossi's, Tyrolia's & Sallies are all good although I spend a lot of time re-adjusting Sallie toe wings/toe heights so I personally wouldn't have them. The new(ish) Marker Jester/Griffons have been getting excellent reports. If you want the option of a bit of skinning but still with top end downhill performance then go for the Marker Duke/Baron (if you can find them as they're pretty much sold out), although they're on the heavy side for normal use. If you're after a bargain I'd check out ebay at this time of the year but watch the brake width & you'll also need to budget £25 for them to be mounted. Last week a customer of mine asked me to mount some Mojo 15's (v.good BTW) that he'd got for a great price but by the time he'd bought wider brakes & paid for the mount he could have had Vist's from me for less rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Liberty are doing their "own" bindings for next season which are rebadged vists..............
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon,

Spyderjon can you PM me some prices for bindings alone?

Clem
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
clem156, PM sent
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy