Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying my FIRST board!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I'm really enjoying this snowboarding fun, have been going to Xscape at Milton Keynes and have got the buzz for it to improve after returning from my first snowboarding hol!

Now for buying my first board, boots and the rest of the kit.

I've seen some lovely boots - Soloman Ivy in black and pink. What are your reviews on these if you have tried them or own a pair?

Also need some advice on boards and bindings please!! I have seen a lovely board and matching bindings by Ride -

http://www.snowboard-asylum.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/800072%7C%7C@cSnowboards@bRide%7C0%7Cuser%7C1,0,0,1%7C4%7C

However, I have been told these are for advanced riders. I'm no way near to being advanced so what should I be looking for as a beginner? The other board that I have seen that I like, also by Ride is the Rapture -

http://ridesnowboards.com/boards/board.asp?ProductID=16

What are your thoughts? The Rapture is designed for beginners. Would this one suit me better? I just need some help please before I buy!

Also, does anyone know of any shops in London or Kent which has a selection of boards/bindings/boots etc that I can try before I buy?

Thanks for all your help Smile

Jodie
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it might be worth speaking to sputniksnowboardshop
anna who runs it is very clued up on boards/bindings
they are in marlow,bucks
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi jodie.

great to hear you've got the bug.

boots: boots are all about fit. they must be comfy, otherwise your holiday will be ruined. my advice go to a shop and try on every boot in the shop and get the most comfortable pair. they won't fit like shoes - ask how they should fit in the shop. it might be worth waiting until the next seasons stock is in - september/october so that you've the biggest choice.

as to boards if you've got a week done with a few snowdome sessions and you're getting turns sorted nicely, maybe have a look at a begginer/intermediate or intermediate board so you don't grow out of it too quickly.

most importantly have fun and don't worry too much about colour co-ordination. Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy