Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowheads hh meet-up 06/06/09

Poster: A snowHead
um, are there gonna be any snowboarders going to this meet-up? i was considering it, but then it ballooned into something Puzzled and now i don't wanna go if mine's the only tray...

and if there are any riders going, are you also interested in the idea of a monthly regular meet-up? personally i think the friday freestyle night i went to was quite fun so i will be more inclined to go to those once a month.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be there on my board. I'm also hoping to go the snowHeads club nights.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
im still deciding on whether to go or not yet
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What nights are the SH club nights going to be?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
What nights are the SH club nights going to be?

Saturday. Normally 1st Saturday of the month during the summer, although September will be the 2nd Saturday of the month.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I intend to go to at least one or two of the club nights if they happen (not the initial ubber meet up though). If and when I do, I'll be going sideways rather than my more usual forwards.

Rationale: I suck at snowboarding.

Well, I suck at skiing too, just less so.

And despite being nowhere near what I would describe as "competent" riding the right way round, I'm going to try and learn to ride switch - or possibly even get a board set up goofy. Just for the lulz.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulio wrote:
I intend to go to at least one or two of the club nights if they happen

They will definitely happen, although the format and possible off-snow activities will depend on how many people attend.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My off-snow activities will mainly be having my broken legs bandaged up.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulio wrote:
My off-snow activities will mainly be having my broken legs bandaged up.

Good idea - we could arrange a 1st Aid course Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:
we could arrange a 1st Aid course Wink

May well be required if my previous experience using indoor Poma's is repeated... the one at MK attempted to relocate my gentlemans area up the hill at some rate of knots.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My partner and I are thinking about coming along but we're not very good yet Smile we've only done one season of boarding and the occasional trip to MK so don't want anyone laughing...plus, as a goofy rider, I do have a few issues with drag lifts Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"Only done one season"

As in, like, 100 near-consecutive days?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
does this include hire boards as we may not have our own then?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gosh, i didn't realise the initial question would result in many responses. thanks for the replies guys. i'm still not sure i'll be going to the initial meet-up, but will probably end up going to a later one just to meet some other snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr bobblehat will be boarding on the 6th and he rides goofy LOL we will also be going to most of the club nights as lng as the body doesn't up Laughing
ski holidays
Jode_123 wrote:
does this include hire boards as we may not have our own then?

Yes, hire kit (skis or boards, plus boots) is included in the price Smile
snow report
im now going with a mate
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy