Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet 2 Hold baggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've done a search but not found anything, so here's a question that nay be useful to other travellers.

JHet2 charge per item of hold baggage. They also charge extra for sporting equipment.

If you pay extra for carrying sporting equipment, do you then have to pay even more for the hold baggage containing said sporting equipment?

In this case, I have one suitcase, which is booked as hold baggage.

I've also booked sporting equipment, which comprises one ski bag and one boot bag.

Do I need to add 2 more pieces of hold luggage (at £6.99 a bag, or more if I do it at the airport)? Or does the sporting equipment charge cover the extra bags?

I suppose the same question applies to the Easyjet return flight the following week

any help from recent Jet2 users would be appreciated - I'veused them before and got stung for excess baggage, but the hold baggage charge is new to me.

thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nbt, we flew with Jet2 in January, with skis, and the charge for the skis is all inclusive so you don't pay for the bags twice. Easyjet operate the same way.

However, whether the ski equipment charge covers skis and boots in separate bags is always an interesting discussion, so avoid the argument if you can by packing them together in one bag, and keep the overall weight under 20kg. See http://www.jet2.com/FAQSection.aspx?ss=2#2 for a very unhelpful statement which could be read as a charge per bag, or a charge per 20Kg unit. Or put your boots in your suitcase, if you can do so while remaining under the weight limit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, Jet 2 have increased the baggage allowance to 22kg :

'Baggage Weight Allowance: With effect from 31st March 2009 each travelling customer (excluding infants) has an allowance of 22kgs (providing they have paid the relevant per bag charge)'

This should allow you to put your boots in your main bag.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Phew, that's a relief. thanks folks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, We flew Jet 2 in feb. I had booked skis and had my boots as a sepearate bag plus a hold bag. The girl at check in had to ring her supervisor at our insistance but eventually agreed that the boot bag was covered by the Ski bag booking . If you had not booked skis then the boot bag was an extra hold bag. I think it depends who you get on the day ! Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jan, thanks. THat would be understandable, but as I've booked skis I'm hoping everything will be ok. Fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just as an update, I took hand luggage (rucksack, circa 8kg), suitcase (11.6kg), ski bag and separate boot bag (13.2kg for skis & boots). I booked one piece of hold lugage and ski carriage on Jet2, and had no problems at the check-in desk whatsoever.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Related to this, I've occasionally travelled with only hand-baggage and a ski-bag (what clothes I need fit fine in the ski bag). So you have to pay the extra for the ski-bag, fine, but can you then say 0 hold bags and avoid the hold baggage charge? The only time I've done this since EJ introduced the baggage unit charge was on a 'business' trip so the company paid and I booked a non-existent bag to avoid any complications.

What would the weight limit be for your £16 or whatever sporting goods charge? IIRC it's been said here that Ryanair has no limit (other than the 32kg unit limit), EJ has an 'extra' 12kg for your sporting goods, on top of your normal 20kg (so then 32 total). Would you get any of your normal hold allowance - after all the baggage unit charge is a per bag not per weight charge?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy