Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

canting ski boots (thats canting!! you at the back)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
was at braehead snozone the other day and was messing about with the canting of my ski boots to see what the affect would be.

totally shocked, didn't appreciate the differance and dangers. could feel one of my knees get quite sore when in a particular position.

anyone know a good boot fitter in central belt of scotland.. or as i like to call it north britian..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mugen, for boot fitters you could speak to Karla st craigdon in Perth or blues in edinburgh/glasgow

the "canting" adjustment that you talk about is not true canting it is shaft alignment, it is there to help the upper cuff of the boot accomodate the shape of your lower leg, if you adjust it to try and push the leg in a direction then it can [as you found out] hurt

the first part of canting is the footbed, must be stable and help to align the foot, the next is the shaft alignment on the boot you can adjust this yourself or with a friend, remove the liner and stand in the shell on the footbed with the bed centralised looking straight ahead you want equal space between either side of your leg and the shell, if there is more space on the outside move the cuff in if more on the inside then move the cuff out.next stage is to look at dynamic balance and possibly chnage the angle of the base board insiode the boot, if this is done the cuff adjuster is reset. then comes true canting which is done under the boot either by planing the sole of the boot or by placing wedges under the bindings
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM wrote:
mugen, for boot fitters you could speak to Karla st craigdon in Perth or blues in edinburgh/glasgow

the "canting" adjustment that you talk about is not true canting it is shaft alignment, it is there to help the upper cuff of the boot accomodate the shape of your lower leg, if you adjust it to try and push the leg in a direction then it can [as you found out] hurt

the first part of canting is the footbed, must be stable and help to align the foot, the next is the shaft alignment on the boot you can adjust this yourself or with a friend, remove the liner and stand in the shell on the footbed with the bed centralised looking straight ahead you want equal space between either side of your leg and the shell, if there is more space on the outside move the cuff in if more on the inside then move the cuff out.next stage is to look at dynamic balance and possibly chnage the angle of the base board insiode the boot, if this is done the cuff adjuster is reset. then comes true canting which is done under the boot either by planing the sole of the boot or by placing wedges under the bindings

thanks for that,
i've read a fair bit about it and having an engineering background in a previous life (and being a bit thick) i thought i' try and understand the processes and affects of the changes first hand.

have tried the diy route but think i will prefer getting someone else to do the job properly considering the importance of getting it right.

i think a few of us just dont appreciate the forces we are dealing with when skiing.

i'll give the place in perth a call.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy