Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes...Mark Warner v Crystal

Poster: A snowHead
We are a family of 4 looking to go early march, kids are aged 12 & 5. We need childcare for the 5 year old and think we have decided on a packege with either Crystal (Hotel Diva) or Mark Warner (Chalet Aguille Percee).

Just wondered what other snowHead 's experiences where with either company or the accomodation.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gregd, Hi. the Aiguille is a regular haunt for us. (4 weeks last season Madeye-Smiley.) I would say that we've never used childcare there. My son was well into his teens when we first stayed. Parents i have chatted to have said it's fine though.

Food has always been ok and i think this is one area that sets M.Warner apart from most of the mainstream T/Os.
Loads of choice at breakfast......hot & cold. From cereals, fruit, porridge to a full english. Afternoon tea and a decent evening meal. Lots of people tend to stay in the hotel after dinner. (hammer the wine and then move into the hotels own bar).. We usually wander over to the Alpaka most evenings but each to their own.

It's also pretty well placed. just a couple of minutes walk (uphill going back) from the central square of Le Lac. Main building (place du lac), lift pass sales and most importantly Loos Laughing . Ski schools meet here and two of the main lifts also depart from it.

Just ask if you need anymore info... Plenty of Tignes know-how on Snowheads Cool Cool Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't comment on either hotel but I've been with MW and Crystal a few times and MW would beat Crystal into a cocked hat with their customer service. Again, this is another hotel but we stayed in the Hotel Val d'Isere with MW a few years ago and although we didn't have kids with us I was very impressed with how other peoples' were treated. The staff seemed genuinly caring and the kids all seemed to have a great time and they seemed to be able to deal with fairly young ones (3/4 ? through to young teens). I'm sure MW is more expensive but IMHO that is worth it. They also provide excellent ski hosting which we have availed ourselves of. I tend to prefer a really demanding day out whilst my wife appreciates a more leisurely approach and the fact that MW have hosted groups of varying requirements (they don't call them beginners, intermediates and advanced but rather terms like fast, leisurely and relaxed) suits us fine although I do actually ski with my wife more than not !

So my choice would be MW in your case.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for MW
-1 for Crystal (is -1 allowed???)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I live next door to The AP - never stopped there but it has a nice bar (great views and cheaper prices) and there always seems to be a nice atmosphere. Been on a few Crystal hols and they were just mass market.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been with crystal once before (pre children) to one of there club hotels. We have avoided going with them since we were disappointed with the food and staff when compared to Inghams club hotels.

The only concern I would have was I am thought I read on here about Mark Warner no longer being ABTOL registered?

We have been with Esprit and couldn't fault them when we can afford it again we will go with them again with hesitation. Talking to parents when we were with Esprit they said that Mark Warner were good but tended to prioritise the adults whereas Esprit prioritised the children.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are not comparing eggs with here. MW target a totally different market to Crystal. MW will always win this battle. We used their childcare many years ago and it was excellent.

On the downside, many of the MW parents we met needed a good bat with the "get a life stick". How the staff put up with such prats is totally beyond me.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing 'nuff said wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've stayed in the Diva with Crystal, though not with kids. The Diva is a regular hotel, in which Crystal book some rooms - it's a 4* hotel so the facilities are excellent, and the food was great. There was childcare in the hotel, but as we don't have kids I didn't use it. Location is not bad, although it's not quite ski-in / ski-out, its a 100 yard schlep to the lifts. I'd happily use the diva again, although Crystal are no longer on the list of tour-ops I'd use if I had another choice.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, would those be the same MW parents that block the footpath as I head out skiing and get very anti when they get invective in French (and then the up north version of english)????!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chocksaway, probably. We were placed at dinner with 2 lots who were on holiday together who sppent the whole of dinner whinging how unsfe the creche was and how there was no structured play and how it was not clean. There was an uneasy quiet when our friend (female) asked "So, let me get this straight; You leave your kids all day in an unsafe, dirty and boring environment and go skiing all day".

We thought it was fine and happily threw our wailing child into the arms of the rather good nannies Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Do you me the ones that fly Debair or they think they do. They are on the same flight as you, same Hotel but a different plant when it comes to consideration for other people around them, becauase they are the only ones on planet Debair flight number me me me to selfish land.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

There was an uneasy quiet when our friend (female) asked "So, let me get this straight; You leave your kids all day in an unsafe, dirty and boring environment and go skiing all day".

We thought it was fine and happily threw our wailing child into the arms of the rather good nannies

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Gregd, be careful with dates - early March it will be rammed - French school hols.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
avoid crystal at all costs, I work in the ski industry and can safely assure you that hey have an exceptionally poor reputation
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I stayed in the Aguille Percee a couple of years ago. I have no idea how well they look after kids there, but they looked after me brilliantly. I went down with a chest infection on the first day which turned into pleurisy and was stuck in the hotel for most of the week unable to ski. They treated me like royalty - I couldn't have asked for a nicer place to be ill....
snow report
jesusthehobo1987 wrote:
avoid crystal at all costs, I work in the ski industry and can safely assure you that hey have an exceptionally poor reputation

Nice informative first post!?!

By working in the ski industry do you mean your doing a season and you, along with all other TO's staff don't like the Crystal staff 'cause they walk around in there Crystal uniform all hours of the day and are generally knobheads?

Crystal have there place, cheap & cheerfull ski holidays with just about acceptable customer service.

Gregd, as you've guessed if they are the same price 99% on here would go with Mark Warner even if the Crystal hotel is a little closer to the lifts!
snow conditions
I stayed in the Diva a couple of years back. Great food, great location. I'd hapily go back, but I don't have kids so don't know about the childcare side. In fact there were not many kids at all in the hotel IIRC, which was great.
ski holidays
Gregd wrote:
We are a family of 4 looking to go early march, kids are aged 12 & 5. We need childcare for the 5 year old and think we have decided on a packege with either Crystal (Hotel Diva) or Mark Warner (Chalet Aguille Percee).

Just wondered what other snowHead 's experiences where with either company or the accomodation.

You need to state the rough prices for each.

Otherwise, someone could be comparing apples with pears.
snow report
Having used both MW and Crystal in the past the biggest difference I would say is the cost!

Stayed at the Diva last year and it was excellent in terms of the accomodation and food, probably as it's a french run hotel. We did not however use the creche but have done previously at other resorts.
snow conditions
Whilst I was away with Esprit in January there were a number of families slumming it away from MW and complaining about the level of service and lack of choice over food and dinner sitting times (one family always turned up late) but they did say it was nearly half the price Very Happy
latest report
Mark Warner & Crystal !!! No idea about child care but in terms of service their is absolutely no comparison.
snow conditions
Hotel diva is great, but no idea about crystal kiddy care. Its 100 yards walk at the start and end of the day, but the rooms are nice, food is great. I would use it again.
ski holidays
I've not done a MW holiday but I have just returned from a Crystal holiday in AdH which included childcare. It was fab in my opinion. See my report here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2027523#2027523
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy