Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno, Anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a cheap deal to Livigno for the week beginning 27th March. Has anyone been this year? Can you give me a quick review?

I'm a low level intermediate skier, whilst my GF has never skied before. We're going to be based at the San Rocco end of the town.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris, I went there about 10 years ago as a low level intermediate and enjoyed it immensely. I think it really is a resort for beginners and intermediates and it's CHEAP - tax free! I can't remember the different parts of town very well (too much of that cheap booze) and it's probably changed a bit anyway. The big problem is the transfer - I seem to remember it was about 5/6 hours transfer from Borgamo. We also did a day in St. Moritz (there's a bus that goes there from Livingo) - that was incredibly expensive compared to Livigno, but well worth the trip.

We stayed in a hotel and the food was incredible - but then (real) Italian food has always been my favourite.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I Clive

Was in Livigno. Would highly recommend it. High, Snow sure but still pretty and some tree runs. Good for your level. Very cheap.

Transfer is 4.5 hrs but not too bad as the bus stops for 1 hr half way for food.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have been to Livigno three times. It's very good for lower intermediates. It's cheap - food, drink, fags, equipment, lessons, everything. In fact the last time we went was specifically to buy new skis.

The village is long. But wherever you stay will be near a lift. Basically, there are 2 sides, the Carosello side and the Mottalino side. One is sunny in the morning and the other sunny in the afternoon (can't remember which way round). Nothing much is particulary difficult and you can avoid drags all week (if, like me, you hate them!).

The ski bus runs quite regularly and it is impossible to get lost as the runs all end in the same valley so wherever you end up you can just get a bus to your accommodation. Having said that, taxis are cheap too. There are lots of shops but no pool, unless your accommodation has one.

Check where you're flying from. Most flights go from Bergamo but some companies have started flying from somewhere else (sorry, can't remember where, Switzerland?) but it makes the transfer a lot shorter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great place like everyone says. be prepared to get up at 2am for journey back to airport. make sure you have sounds and a book to read on the way there.

Make sure you try bombardinos, phoar what a warm up they are. Theres a shack called the hutte or similar next to the top if one of the lifts that overlooks the town. if its snowy and your cold go in there, its so cosy, get a table have some bombardinos and ski back to the village carefully afterwards, fantastic.

do set aside time to look round the shops.

buses work great you'll have agood time, if i remember right the best bar for me was called daphne's i think, it had guiness etc and a lift to get to the toilets in the basement. good music and nice atmosphere. both times ive been to livigno theres been a lot of irish about so your guaranteed a party.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy