Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowfall this season on the Stryn Summerskicenter glacier ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Does anyone know what was the snowfall this season on the Stryn Summerskicenter glacier (Jostedalsbreen 61° 57' 20.09" N 7° 21' 13.07" E) ?
I want to do some snowboarding at the start of October, and wanted to know if there's chance for that at Stryn,
Thanks,
Ron. Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you find out can you post it here?

I want to go at the end of May / beginning of June!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to the website it opens in May and closes in late July or Mid-August.

http://www.strynefjellet.com/contents/strynefjellet.html?skicenter.html

It may open again in October, but no indication. I would have thought not.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boardrider, not Stryn but I skied at the Folgefonna summer ski area two summers ago (2007) which is in the same area. If I remember right we went there because Stryn had closed (we were there mid August). I don't know if conditions were typical that year but there was little snow left on the glacier at that time, there were large patches where the glacial ice was showing through very clearly and they were roped off.

It was enjoyable for the views and just to be skiing in summer but it was a very, very limited area. Might be worth a go for you if Stryn is shut though again not sure if it will be open by October.

http://www.folgefonn.no (norwegian only!!) & http://www.folgefonna.no which seems to be all about "summer camps"

Be warned the "base station" is literally a shack and there's one drag lift to the top. Be interested to hear how you get on where ever you get to!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
I was in Stryn few times before, but always in the middle of Summer.
Seems there's no chance of Snowboarding there on the beginning of October. Crying or Very sad
I looked at Folgefonna summer ski, but it does not seem very challenging, freeride-wise.
A well, back to the drawing board.
Thanks all,
BR.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy