Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WARREN SMITH COURSES

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi to you all, first posting

I am thinking of going on a Warren Smith Ski Academy course at Manchester snowdome this summer

Has anyone been on one of these courses and how did they find them

Your replies appreciated

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
valleyboy, welcome to snowHead
I'm sure that you'll get lots of info soon!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
valleyboy, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead I haven't done one of those, but heard lots of good feedback.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
valleyboy, welcome to snowheads. The WSA is highly recommended, as is the search function top left of this page wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
valleyboy, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
valleyboy, I can't comment on the indoor UK courses directly, but I did one of Warren's academy courses in Verbier this March and was very impressed. I felt like my skiing came on a lot and I left with a lot of specifics to work on. I'd say you need to go with an open mind (although that probably helps on any course). Be prepared to listen to a blunt evaluation of your strengths and weaknesses, because they will point out your weaknesses. We got plenty of positive feedback, but also a lot that was focused on things that needed improving. Also, expect to go right back to basics. We spent a lot of time on bracquage (you'll almost certainly be filmed doing this) and pole plants.

A great thing from my perspective is that he looks at physiology as well as ski technique. As a result I came away knowing that a limited range of motion in my ankles and hips was limiting my skiing development, and with a range of exercises to improve those areas. There was a fair range of abilities, up to instructors, and plenty of people serious enough about the week to be doing 'homework' on the slopes early morning and late afternoon, as well as stretches every night in the chalet.

Bottom line, I haven't had much instruction anywhere else to compare them to, but I'd definitely recommend Wozza's stuff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
valleyboy,
Welcome!
I have been on 3 half day Warren Smith courses at the Snozone MK (one May, two October '08 - two different instructors) and intend to sign up for one of the whole day courses at Hemel Snow Centre next month. The sessions I attended began with a warm up run and then exercises to 'switch on' the important muscles for skiing. There was more than one level of ability in the group (I was at the lower end) but the instructors were able to cope with this and adapt the tasks to address the weaknesses of individual skiers. As stated in an earlier post, there is a focus on what you need to improve and there may be quite a bit of repetition to get it right, but it is done in a friendly and positive manner with lots of encouragement. You also end up with something specific to work on after the course.

To sum up, I think the courses are a good way of improving technique so that you are able to get more enjoyment out of your skiing when you go away.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks to you all for your replies, they are most helpful

I have decided to have try one of the full day courses
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
valleyboy, don't forget to post about the experience. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy