Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation suggestions for Chamonix 17-21 April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have flights and car hire booked so I’m looking for 4 nights accommodation for 2 people from Fri 17th April, to Tuesday 21st April, and am looking at heading to Chamonix.

Happy with a hotel or chalet, or apartment, provided it has parking and is walking distance to somewhere to eat/drink.
We’re on a budget so I’m not too concerned about * rating or luxury. But main preference would be to get 2 separate rooms (eg. 2 single rooms, or apartment with 1 separate bedroom and sofa bed in lounge) if possible.

I guess I’d be pleased if I could find us something (apartment or a couple of small single rooms) in the region of a couple of hundred euros ish, for the 4 nights. Maybe a bit more if there are extras included (eg. breakfast).

I’m busy trawling the internet and have also just emailed the tourist office for offers (as they have a ChamSpring Offer with accom. & Lift Pass included), but I thought I’d see if anyone on here knows anywhere reasonable that might fit the bill ??

Grateful for any advice/suggestions.

Alternatively if anyone reading this has got a chalet/apartment/hotel/palace/kennel and you have vacant rooms/apartment you want to fill for those 4 nights and want to do a deal, then feel free to spam me here (or via PM) with an offer I can’t refuse??

Cheers for any suggestions, or offers.

G
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://assoc.pagespro-orange.fr/auberge.jeunesse.chamonix/framegb.htm
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stayed at Le Prieur around that time last year (part of Hotels Mont Blanc) and got a good deal for a nice big twin room - have a look at their website.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi,contact ashley morgan(property manager) at... ash_cham@chamonixdirect.com He will have something for you..cheers
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hotel richmond in the centre of town is ok, stayed there a couple of times and mid season it was €50 for a single room
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for the info & suggestions to-date.

Checked out those hotels. Looks like the hotels are slightly out of price range, unless we go for a twin in which case plenty off options, (or unless the tourist office Cham-Spring offer comes up trumps), though as a fall back this will be fine. That hostel is bargainous though they were out of twin rooms only having the larger share rooms avail.

However, I think I'm still prefering to aim to get somewhere with seperate sleeping areas (1 bedrooms plus lounge sofa bed) if poss.

Have fired off an email to Chamonixdirect and a couple of other apartment agencies I found via google so see what comes back.

Cheers

G
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've stayed here a number of times:
www.gochamonix.com

Small house in Cham Sud. Home from home, loads of space. 2 bedrooms.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've now found something that fits the bill & the budget.

I've now booked a small apartment in town (Grepon) through Siobhan at SnoStation, who got back to me within a couple of hours with some good offers and was incredibly helpful with my questions.

Interestingly 3 of the companies never got back to me with any sort of reply (not even a thanks but we've not got anything suitable).
These were Chamonixdirect, Prime Accomodation Chamonix, and perhaps most surprisingly the central bookings office at the tourist office !

Conversely, notable mentions deserved to Ski Link.com and Bigfoot Travel who both got back to me same day with good offers and Ann at BigFoot who was incredibly helpful on the phone. By the way, Bigfoot currently have a cracking deal on their very nice attractive looking catered chalet's at the moment, 35 eur pppn (50 for sat/sun) fully catered if you are in a double or twin, if anyone is interested.

The other big plus, if anyone is interested, is that Chamonix have just realised their reduced end of season rates. I think all the multi-day passes are reduced but you can get a second day Mont Blanc Unlimited pass for just 1 EUR, so this makes it EUR 49.50 for a two day pass.

Can't wait.

Quick question on parking at the lfit stations if anyone can help. We'll drive up the valley on the days we go to Grand Montets and La Tour.
What about Brevent ? Should I walk up to Brevent or drive and park, or even use the Flegere station instead ?
Is parking free at the lift stations ?

G
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do not use Flegere at all, if you can avoid it. Though the skiing is good if you can tolerate the old cable car. The new gondola at Brevent is very efficient and parking is free.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gazzza, that guy ashley at chamonixdirect was really good with us and was very helpful..thats why i recommended him..i'll be talking to him this weekend so i'll let him know you werent happy(and rightly so)..ps..is there a reason why you are choosing to drive to the stations and won't be using the bus service whilst in cham?we were there last week and it was very quiet..buses were practically empty..the 4 of us got a double seat to ourselves every time!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't know I just never had a response to my email. I was surprised as they were one of the first I fired a msg off to (after seeing your post), and I mentioned they'd been recomended by a user on here.

I guess it's possible my email never made it to them, though I never had a rejection msg, and I've checked my spam to make sure no replies have been wrongly filtered. Maybe they just didn't have anything for my dates/budgets, but just disappointed i never got anything back. I guess it's also possible he was on leave or away.

Re. the car, a former colleague of mine just recomended it - he's been once with and once without a car, and he suggsted a car just saves time over the buses and gives flexibility. I guess for a long weekend more slope time as opposed to bus-stop time seemed like a good suggestion, at least for the days we go up to Grand Montets or La Tour. Suppose also we have the option to go Les Houches if the clouds come in. Prices were similar, 80 EUR each way transfer to the airport (between 2 of us), or 80 GBP each to rent a car. OK so we've got fuel to pay for it on top, but at least we have the flexibility, and could even nip over to Courmayeur if conditions are better, or move more quickly from one area to the next if conditions aren't to our liking. Also I think the 18/19 weekend might be busy-ish as thats the w/e after easter, though im hoping the Mon/Tue will be lovelly and quiet.

G
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy