Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

le Peouvou - North West Couloir

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had spied a few possible lines in this combe back in mid march. Rogier was keen to check them out so we headed up there a few days ago.

As we got close we could see a rock in the right hand line that would require a bit of down climbing to get over, and the left hand line didn’t go through behind the rock you can see. So we went for the middle one.

The snow was variable, from quite wind sculpted crusty powder at the bottom, through hoar around the rocks in the middle through to good chalky hard snow in the upper section.

Rogier turned around at the mid point, but I pushed on to the top on my own. It was blowing a gale up there so did a quick turn around and then back down. Really nice skiing.

I am pretty certain it is a first descent, but my sources of info for the Haut Ubaye are not as good as for the Queyras, I am still asking around. I would like to call it ‘Couloir McConkey’ in homage to the skiing legend who was sadly taken away from us too soon.

more pics, story and google map of the line here
http://philingle.com/skiing/peouvou-north-west-couloir/

Cheers

Phil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks acceptably steep Shock
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks nice from the 1st pic and if a 1st descent would be worth it.....

does indeed look steep...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow, amazing! First pic scary.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
philingle,
Quote:

Really nice skiing.

The style was probably impressive, but looking at the pics I'm not so sure that the quality of snow would fit into my definition of really nice. Mind you I have no idea what snow it takes to make that kind of descent possible.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks a beautiful line.... keep them coming... I need things to aspire too. But the first pic isn't half tilted NehNeh
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philingle, Nice work, hope you get to name it after the great man..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philingle, great stuff.
Where exactly is this place?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cool pics.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy