Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks - any advice on good places to hire ski gear in Chamonix much appreciated. Also any other useful info on the place. (CSJ's choice, not mine !!) Thanks !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Skiset shop nearest to the train station (called Ginabelle I think) had two really enthuastic guys. No gallic shrugs here, just loads of help in picking right width and length and then a good 30 minutes of franglais banter about where to find good snow. And we'd even preordered on the internet, which normally condemns you to awful service locally.

A refreshing change from most other experiences and highly recommended. Struggling to remember their names for you, sorry (Sebastien??)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ruth de Luge, We recommend Ski Max... http://www.skimax-chamonix.com/

One of the best services in the Alps, really keen, good stock of quality kit...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both for the advice, that is appreciated & CSJ is looking them up. Getting excited now - three sleeps to go !!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
u lucky b****r!! just back on sat..snowed tue wed thur and sat so we had a ball..the off piste skiing is amazing but the piste runs are limited..if you are handy on the planks i would give les houches and le tour a miss and concentrate on les grand montets and brevent/flegere which are linked by a short cable car ride..if the sun is out ski brevent a.m. and follow the sun round to flegere p.m...if the forcast says no snow for the week dont bother with the unlimited pass and save a bundle..if you like a good drink and a bit of craic head for chambre neuf opposite the train station straight from the slopes (dont bother changing,youll see what i mean when you get there!)..stay away from the tiger tiger indian opposite chambre neuf..v expensive and really crap food! hope this helps
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy