Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HD Video TR: Sierre Anniviers en Valais

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/T-jfTjuAeuM&fmt=22

Hopefully the link takes you to the HD version, if not click the HD button from youtube!

Apologies for cheesy music, using royalty free music!! The last vid I did off courchevel with ‘real’ music got pulled by youtube for copyright infringement!!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, thanks for that. Lots of fun, although snow looked a bit heavy and hard work in places.

The YouTube link did pull up the HD version, but it's much better to download the MP4 file as the YouTube page doesn't let you view it in full resolution. The file I downloaded was the full 1280x720 but the web page displays it at a smaller size.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the tip rob@rar, but how do you download vids from youtube?

yes it was heavy, a week since the previous snow fall and +double digits temp at the base!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On a Mac using Safari you press 'Command', 'Alt' and 'A' at the same time and it pulls up an activity page - simply look for the largest file, which will be the video, and double-click to download it. Standard definition will be a .flv file I think, and the hi-res files are h.264 (with a mp4 tag).

Were you in Zinal 14-21 March? I was in Courchevel that week with similar weather.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
Were you in Zinal 14-21 March? I was in Courchevel that week with similar weather.

yup skied 14th -> 17th March....

cheers for the tip, and idea how win users can do the same?

cheers,
greg
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice, a couple of sections there was alot of hand wobble though!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
norris, a few sections were a bit of skier wobble as well...Laughing .......but the snow could be pretty heavy and grabby
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
norris, at least some of the time, that was due to the cameraman laughing at the skier

dear me i look like a gapper in that film Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, I put that down to one to many lunch time sherberts Little Angel
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
norris wrote:
Nice, a couple of sections there was alot of hand wobble though!

yeh we both had small cameras on max zoom, not ideal. I suspect taking skis off and resting on a planted ski pole with a glove on top would assist.....

No sherberts were partaken at lunch time, we ate sandwiches and water wherever we felt like it, very pleasant!

regards,

greg
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like a really great area.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks a very nice spot.

Did you have AT gear, or just skin in alpine clobber?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mosha Marc, those of us who did some skinning had AT bindings etc. it was only 20 mins or so uphill
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno wrote:
Mosha Marc, those of us who did some skinning had AT bindings etc. it was only 20 mins or so uphill

and the rest.............. Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i am not including time spent faffing, clearing snow off ski bases, eating, drinking and chatting to that swiss dude

Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy