Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens 13th-27th March

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, i'm off to Val Thoren on the 13th-27th(2 weeks - bring it on)!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile . My brother is working out there at the moment and obviously will be busy some of the time....i'm lookin to meet up with anyone that might be over there at the same time to hit the mogul slopes with! snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I answered your other post on a different thread - would be keen to meet up, although I'll be over the other side in Courchevel...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masopa wrote:
I answered your other post on a different thread - would be keen to meet up, although I'll be over the other side in Courchevel...
Hi, thats cool. I've not used these sites before and accidently redirected myself over here yesterday. How easy is it to get over to Courchevel then? Confused
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never done it, but from what I've gathered, it's a fair way, but just a matter of skiing the right runs and then catching the link lifts across the 3V. On the flip side, it allows you to try the skiing in a different valley for a day. You have to set off on pretty much the first lift to track across the links between the valleys. Many people do head from, say, Courchevel to Val Thorens for a day's skiing, and then ski back again before the last lift though. The only thing to be careful of is not catching the last lift - the taxi ride is supposedly very long!

Sounds like you're a fairly good skier (I like the bumps too, but am not very good at them!) so gives me a chance to learn! Incidentally, if you're thinking about skiing over to Courchevel, it will give you a chance to do the Saulire couloirs! Giving Grand Couloir a bash on the Wednesday, so will let you know what it's like...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val Thoren/Courchevel is easily done if you're an average spped skier. We stayed in Courchevel last year and skied over to VT most days, skied there all day, and caught the last lifts back each day. As masopa says, don't cut it too fine though!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent! Cheers guys. you mentioned that your skiing Grand Couloir Wednesday Masopa! r u already out there then?? (and) r u off anywhere this year Elizabeth B?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike, I've had a week in Crans Montana and am hoping to get another in somewhere before the snow runs out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike Lane, sadly not this Wednesday (I wish). After deciding I'd do it, I got a bit nervous when one of my French pals said it is hard, so I thought I'd better go with an instructor. Have booked a lesson for Wed 17th March pm, so that's why I know when I'll be doing it!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Elizabeth, you should come to Val Thorens again then! my bro reckons the snow out there is fantastic and he seems to be having the time of his life by all accounts!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masopa, in response to your comment earlier......I've been skiing for a number of years now and would consider myself intermediate/Advanced. I ski moguls, but like you not very well..love the challenge....last year i went to Champery in Switzerland..part of the 5 Massif's .excellent skiing there, popping over the border to Avoriaz in France and so on. Theres one run there called La Chavanette! It's graded Orange (apparently harder than Black) and affectionately nicknamed The Wall, pure moguls all the way . I attempted it twice and managed to get down without breakin a leg! i heard afterwards that they have on average 2 deaths a year up there...needless to say I won't be trin it again for a while... maybe I could tag onto your mogul class first?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd welcome you to join the myself and the instructor on Wednesday, except the "lesson" is from 2pm to 4pm - which I don't think would give you nearly enough time to get back to VT. It's a shame, because it sounds like the couloirs would be just up your street (not necessarily moguls, per se, but very unpisted and steep).

You could always head over to try them one of the following days, of course...

I'm guessing you're talking about itinerary routes - I seem to remember them being marked with dotted orange lines or something in Verbier. The couple that I did ranged from pretty easy (reds?) to quite tough - obviously they want to deter people who aren't confident skiers. The wall sounds "fun" in a different kind of way! Have you been over to Chamonix? A couple of black runs there (Pylones?? can't really remember whether that was the one) down from the top of Grand Montet are excellent - pretty much bumps all the way. It's fun playing "dodge the skittles" with all the blue-ish skiers deciding to give it a go and panicking after the first turn!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thats a shame, i'm definatley up for meeting over there the day after or so though! are you by yourself on your trip then?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never mind, as you say - plenty more opportunity to catch in at either valley. I'm over with two blue-ish skiers (one more green-blue) and one complete beginner. Take it you're going over on your own to meet up with your brother?

Not long to go now!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah I'm travelling over by myself...my brother Ian landed a job as a rep last November so he's already been out there for 4 months...lucky git!! The good news is my digs are sorted and i've got all my equipment...hence the reason for being able to go for a full 2 weeks this year....I can't wait though...as it draws closer I'm finding that time seems to be slowing down...and you know once you get there it'll speed right back up again.

how about yourself...have you been skiing long then?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've seen the Wall. Those ain't moguls. There Volkswagen beetles covered with a thin layer of ice!
snow report
Excellent..........your right Mark... thats what they look like true..and in actual fact when I tried to ski them they felt like that as well! As i say i tried it twice, thinking i could pick an easier route down second time, to no avail I might add...Like masopa this year, I skied with a relatively new begginer last year. He obviously decided to give The Wall a miss and so there wasn't anyone standing around to tell me not to do it!!! Fourtunatley i'm here to tell the tale, little bit too gung ho on that occassion me thinks! Did you know that the local that holds the record for getting down that slope did it about 10 seconds...Obviously he's had his knees surgically replaced with Noble pistons.......... it took me 20 minutes.
snow conditions
Nah - very little experience! I've been skiing for all of about five weeks, but have been fortunate to have one-to-one lessons for a fair bit of that. So I can't really take the credit for improving quickly!

Last year managed to get comfortable on steeps and bumps - it was just a case of having confidence and going for it. Once you manage the steep stuff a few times, you wonder what all the fuss was about!
ski holidays
I agree..my problem if anything is over confidence... still i've been skiing now since I was 6 and haven't broken anything yet .. well apart fron trashing 2 sets of skis and a set of poles in 'Alp d'heuz' in 2002 that is. We went too early and it was very rocky you see.
snow report
Excuses, excuses Wink
ski holidays
Honest!!!!!!!!! we were there beginin of Feb and by the end of the week there were more rocks on show than snow. My brother assures me that no snow in VT is unheard of and he's been doin some superb powder already....i can't wait NehNeh
snow conditions
Sounds great.....you're making me jealous Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Thats the idea....only joking!! any ideas where your likley to go for your week then?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy