Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I sent my skis on ahead

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Picture it if you will. I am on my way to Kitzbuhel. My flight into Munich aiport is on time and I am able to make an earlier train than I had expected but with a rather tight connection in Munich. I arrive on the platform for this connection just in time to see people finishing boarding.  I hesitate a moment to check the indicator board to make sure this is my train (bad move hindsight tells me), put my bag down in order to unsling my skis from my shoulder,  then throw the skis through the door.  As I bend down to pick up my bag, the doors close . I try to pull the door open again but the train starts moving.  Definitely an oh poo-poo moment. [I didn't write poo-poo but my version must be too rude].  You know that feeling in deep snow when your skis start taking  diverging tracks  of their own choice instead of going in the direction you want them to?  This time though it is a railway track they were taking.  So there I am, standing on the platform watching this train accelerating away in a roughly southerly direction -  with my skis aboard. Excuse me, you’re not laughing at me are you? That’s not kind.

Well, it was just a bit embarrassing to explain this to the helpful young woman of Deutsche Bahn I found, but with good German efficiency she phoned ahead, arranged for my skis to be taken off at Rosenheim and printed out a new set of timings for me to make my connections. I think she was fighting hard all the time not to giggle.  As I left her office, I’m sure she lost her Germanic control. If it wasn’t a giggle I heard, she had bad hiccoughs.

At Rosenheim, I approached  a lady in the ticket office who did not speak English but as soon as I said "My skis ......",  she smiled, said “Ah ja, ja” and picked up her phone.    I suspect every member of the station staff knew by this time of this daft Scottischer who had sent his skis on in advance.  Ideed it was probably the topic of group e-mails circulating round the entire German rail network.

In a few moments this large, hearty fellow appeared with a smile, a bruising handshake and my skis.  He looked as  if he couldn’t wait to be out of his Deutsche Bahn uniform at the end of his shift and get straight down to the pub in his lederhosen to slap his thighs and bang his stein on the table in time with some cheery Bavarian drinking song (and to relate with much hearty laughter the tale of the daft Scottischer). . But he couldn’t have been friendlier and parted with good wishes for my skiing and another handshake. That was yesterday: today I have managed to separate my fingers but plan not to be separated from my skis so easily in the future. Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ccl, Thanks for giving me a laugh, glad it all worked out for you. Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Laughing . I wouldn't be laughing if it was my skis. We had a very tight connection on our way back from Wengen last year, as unusually one of the Swiss trains was late. If we hadn't have been with Mr and Mrs Axsman, and formed a chain to get our skis and bags onto the train, I don't think we'd have made it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ccl, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ccl wrote:
Excuse me, you’re not laughing at me are you?

Sorry, I was Laughing
Glad they were returned to you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ccl, Classic Laughing Laughing Laughing I could just imagine that sinking feeling when the doors shut and the train pulled out... Skullie
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great, ccl, I'll try to hide my accent next time I'm passing through Rosenheim. The boss of the Deutsche Bahn has just been given the heave but I presume that wasn't related to your incident (actually, the service seems to have been good).

Hope you enjoy Kitzbühel. Great weather today!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ccl, Laughing Laughing Laughing My OH did that once with a large box of Castle Lagers which some South African sailors had given him in a pub in London. He just heaved them onto the platform of the bus when it set off (it was in the days when they had such things) and he was left dashing along after it, hoping for a red traffic light.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ccl, full marks to the Deutsche Bahn staff snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ccl, top post Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ccl, Laughing

That's on a par with the first line of this post
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy