Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AHHHHHHHH Rain in Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ceefax reporting rain on lower slopes yesterday and 5 degrees. Hope it doesn't damage their excellent 85cm base as I'm off in 3 weeks. Anyone been out there recently?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The 6 day forecast shows light rain today and then 5 days of snow so should be good. I was in the Sol area 2 weeks ago and had a fantastic time with perfect snow conditions.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
its due to get bloody cold and snow like buggery over next few days in alps, so i would treat this as a minor hiccup!! snowHead snowHead snowHead

::fingers crossed::

Plus, 3 weeks is a very very long time in meteorological terms...youll be just fine im sure (plus maybe youll have missed the crowds by then!)

Lets all just be happy we get to go skiing at all, many people on this world will never have the opportunity to experience the sensation!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm sure I read somewhere that for a really good snow base, a bit of rain followed by falling temperatures and lots of snow was better than just lots of snow. Can't remember if it made for better skiing, or it glued the snow better to lessen the avalanche risk, but even so I don't think it is such a disaster. Not fun to be skiing when its raining though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, im not totally sure about that, surely a layer of ice topped with a layer of soft snow is going to worsen avalanche risk, as this new layer of snow is effectively not bonded to the layer below the ice, making the top layer like a big slab??

That said, maybe in wrong, and im sure the experts will be able to fill in the gaps!....the worst i guess is a layer of snow, then ice, then hail...its like a layer of ball bearings...danger!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tomski01, I think you are right, or at least more right than I was - as usual the situation with rain, snow and avalanches is not a simple on. It seems to depend on the age of the snow, the temperature, and amount of rain.
In general rain is bad (ref. 1). Lots of rain is very bad (ref. 2). Rain on new snow is also very bad (ref. 3). Old hardpacked snow is safer (ref. 4). And if the temperature drops and the rain freezes then it can strengthen and bind the snow (ref. 5).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Following the rain last Saturday 12th February, there was a huge thunderstorm during the night and it started snowing, and it hasn't really stopped all week. I would think at least 1 metre at the village level. I haven't seen conditions like this in Austria for a long time.

If you haven't booked anything yet anywhere in the "Ski Welt" ski pass area ie. Soll, Itter, Hopfgarten, Scheffau, Ellmau, Going, and Westendorf is currently absolutely fantastic. Madeye-Smiley Sunshine though is currently in short supply Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers DAVID SNELL, We are staying in the Eggerwirt in Soll.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy,
You definitely won't be disappointed!!
Have a super time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy