Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dissablities but looks normal to everyone else

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have an 8 yr old son who has excessive external antiversion, and 18 months ago i was advised to use a body brace to stop him falling and hurting himself.... but he is so lively i refused as i did not want his muscle to disintigrate, i stead i took him to a chiropractor and a phsio and he worked on core stability... we dont know what will happen or how long before he ends up in a chair 6 weeks, 6 years, never, we dont know...... but what i do is prepare him, but his pains are becoming worse and I could do with some help and advice on my options to help him.... he started sking 10 weeks ago and is doing freestyle now and loves it, he has no fear which can be an issue and has hearing problems
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
felixhappy, welcome to sHs.

I am with someone who has to use a wheelchair a lot - but as she does not do snow sports, I am very poorly paced to advise you. My acquaintance does fight having to use the wheelchair as much as she can, fearing she will lose such walking acapacity as she has if she does not use it - but I imagine you need current professional advice as to what is best for your son.

Good luck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
felixhappy, Welcome to snowHead

Can you explain what excessive external antiversion is. I have googled but am still confused.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The way the doctors explain it too me is this.... sit and roll your shoulders inwards, this is how you hips are when your born, and within 6 months they roll out.......... but my sons have never rolled out...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
felixhappy, Can he use outriggers to help him? (2 small skis on his arms to help support weight).... Or a ski bike? both of these options may appeal more than a sitski to him...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you contacted the DSUK (Disability Snowsports) office in the Chillfactore? They will be able to give you loads of advice. However, it would be best if they could also see and speak with your son as individual assessment is absolutely crucial in Adapative Skiing.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you want to contact the main office at Chill Factor e there is an Adaptive Instuctor who is based there and can give you advice. 0161 749 2290
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would recomend the 'handiski' facilities of France, (les Houches, plus many others) they use safe and efficient equipment which does not comprimise the safety of skier or pilot. Having skied with Disability snow sports uk on their beano/training sesh in Scotland, thier methods seem much more dangerous for the pilot, compared with a Tandemski of europe and you will see the difference.
There was no machine to check weights of skiers to set bindings (we were supposed to know our weights..who does?..) and the bindings were then adjusted over two chairs instead of a work bench. Neeless to say my bindings failed to open and my knee was badly twisted, they had no pain killers and no training or advice or even help. Thankfully the hotel were really nice and gave me an ice pack and the local Dr bound it up. My son uses a wheelchair all the time and has used an Tandemski in Les Houches, France. I hope you can find some equipment to help your son continue to enjoy skiing, just wanted to give a word of warning of difference of equipment and attitudes. Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy