Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Esprit - Selva - Jan 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Considering going to Selva with Ski Esprit in Jan 2010 - looking at their Chalet Matra(sp). Given the vagaries of the weather, changing seasons etc and a acceptance that you get what you get when you get there, what are the snow conditions generally likely to be in the Dolomites at that time of year?

Also has anyone been with Ski Esprit to Selva and especially Chalet Matra.

Thanks for responses in advance Very Happy

(sad isn't it thinking about next season whilst all you lucky guys and gals have still got trips to go on (says he with two trips this season under his belt))
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, Yes and yes and I think you'll find it's the 'Marta'. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Yes, Yes and yes and I think you'll find it's the 'Marta'.

Very informative Mollerski, wink Shocked

I've been to Selva in Jan and the snow was ok.... mainly artificial the year I went but thanfully it had been cold enough to use the cannons...

I believe that generally Selva gets the snow a bit later in the season than, say, the northern alpine resorts in Austria. I've also been in spring and whilst there was plenty of sonw it was very "freeze thaw".

I guess you get what u get.... in any resort in any year u may be lucky with snow or you may not.... booking early carries risks

If the snow is ok Selva is a fantastic intermediate resort with more skiing (in the Dolomiti Superki) than you can shake a pole at!!!

Can'y comment on Chalet Mantra wink Shocked as I've never been... have been to Chalet Soldanella with Crystal and that was cool.... good location, good wholesome food, decent rooms etc
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a thread on Sella Ronda on snowheads, this will give you lots of info on Selva and nearby areas.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mollerski wrote:
Yes, Yes and yes and I think you'll find it's the 'Marta'. Madeye-Smiley

Not sure what the first yes is to or how helpful it is Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry, didn't have time for a longer answer at the time. Very Happy Yes, we've used Esprit in Selva many times. Yes, the snow should be good in Jan, we are usually there the week before Christmas and have always been OK. The Marta and the Weisenheim are a bit basic and a little too far at the wrong end of town, although good for the nursery slopes. Esprit chalets have slipped towards the 'adequate' end of the scale recently since they dropped the Franca. We take the whole of the Waldek, which makes for a good deal and it's perfectly located. Our kids are in their teens now and not requiring of Esprit care, my Sister's kids are 6 and 9, she uses Esprit child care off of the back of which we book the whole chalet.
Esprit child care is the best in the business in my view, we used it for many years. Esprit's dodgy supplements on so called 'special offers' are annoying and do the company no favours.
Total are the same company and now run the Soldenella in Selva. This chalet has been totally refurb'd and again is superbly located. With a bit of arm twisting, Esprit childcare can be used whilst staying in a Total chalet. wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mollerski, thanks for the info. whar does "wrong end of the town" mean in terms of getting to the lifts on the other side?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevew wrote:
Mollerski, thanks for the info. whar does "wrong end of the town" mean in terms of getting to the lifts on the other side?

'Other side' as in? Caimpinoi side? It's the wrong end period. Everything is a long walk or a mini bus ride.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mollerski, thanks for the info
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevew, another vote for soldanella with Total - very well refurbished, excellent staff this season, close to everything and pretty good food (pricy though unless you get a deal)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, thanks for that but Hannah will be 8 next year and it's still important to me that we're in a chalet full of kids to help keep her entertained / engaged!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stevew wrote:
holidayloverxx, thanks for that but Hannah will be 8 next year and it's still important to me that we're in a chalet full of kids to help keep her entertained / engaged!

Keep in touch, we'll be taking an Esprit chalet around Xmas next year. Our group can range from 13 to 24 with lots of kids.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mollerski, cheers, will do.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy