Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

taping your shins

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi anyone know the best tape to use (or any other ideas) to prevent bruising on front of shin bone at top of boot.

thanks
Mike
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a solution to this, address the cause, not the symptom Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fuego, You can get gel pads that stick to the shins... but as SZK put it... better to avoid the problem in the first place. Your ski control will also increase.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get yer boots to fit properly and take lessons to improve yer technique Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shave your legs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have quite a sharp shin bone, and as we are always told to keeep weight forward in boot, how can bruising and a pressure point be avoided. Boots will always be roundish at the front, where as thw front of my shin is more of a sharp inverted "V" shape, if you see what i mean.

mike
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fuego, You will only generally get bruising if the tongue of the boot is too loose, or the flex is far too soft.

The relative shape of your shin (which is almost certainly not significantly different from most) and the front of the boot are almost irrelevant, so long as the shin is in constant contact with the front of the boot.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fuego, my suggestion was serious - if you have hairy legs, they can rub at the front on the shins and cause the bruising. A boot technician told me this. I used to do it ( Embarassed ) and although it felt wrong at the time - it certainly helps Laughing Haven't bothered the last few times, hopefully my technique has improved to help avoid.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fuego, Just to add a 'punters' experience. I used to get bruising and sometimes even blistering at the front of my shin from my old boots (which in every other respect felt very comfy).

Went to a snowHead's boot fitting day at Lockwoods, had new boots (which were a whole size smaller than my previous ones) fitted by a certain keeper of small wild animals wink , and have NEVER had the problem since.

Bottom line - get some new boots and get them properly fitted. snowHead Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

if you have hairy legs, they can rub at the front on the shins and cause the bruising. A boot technician told me this.

The hairs on my shins are usually rubbed away by day 2.... now thats what i call "contact" !!!

On a serious note, if it happens on both shins it probably is the flex of the boot or the technique.... if it happens on one shin then it might be fault with the tongue of the boot... this happened to a friend of mine who had a job proving it by the retailer eventually swapped the boots for same size same model and they were fine... QED!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy