Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The best Ladies ski's

Poster: A snowHead
I'd like to buy my wife some new skis and would like some advice. She currently skis on 170cm B2's, she's enjoyed them but they have done 250 days and need replacing.

She ski's quite well, 30% off piste and weighs around 72kg's. I think she'd like some fun graphics too.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As you know, I'm looking at the moment too (prob with a view to buying at the end of the season. I think I've more or less settled on the Movement Yaka Jam, which is unisex with Jackson Pollock style graphics but might be worth a try. If S wants ladies' skis and a little more piste biased, then she could look at the Movement Spicy (good graphics) or maybe the Scott Sheela (awful graphics)? I know both of those have reasonable availablility in CH. Of maybe one of the Head skis? What does the shop in Tannenboden stock? The main reason I'm heading to the Yaka Jam over the Spicy is the greater surface area - the width underfoot makes no difference but the wider shovel does. There are quite a few skis in the 75/76 mm range but of the ones I've tried (Scott Maya, Stöckli Rotor 76) the improvement on piste over the 82-86 range is negligible, while the latter handle off piste quite a lot better. Just my opinion, but thought it might help since you know how I ski
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did some body say 169 Icelantic Pilgrims......no.......ok I'll get my coat.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty, I have just bought some Head Great Ones, I think the graphics are pretty cool, but that is not why I bought them. I got the 165 length, but I've not skied them yet, so I can't really comment as to how good they are, but they have been awarded Fall Line Ladies ski of the Year.

http://www.fall-line.co.uk/search-gear.php?2

http://www.head.com/ski/ski.php?region=uk&tag=women&id=1474
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty, Mrs Patch has just bought Head Wild Ones, and is well-pleased with them, after testing them alongside Scott Maya, K2 (not sure if they were Burnin's or Lotta's), and Volkl Aura.... p'raps she'll come along later and post something about them
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dynastar Exclusive Legend Powder.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scott Sheelas they are awesome
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Dynastar Exclusive Legend Powder.
How does the Powder compare with the Fluid - assuming at least 70% on piste, probably more? (The Fluid is top of my list to try.)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As Patch mentioned I love the Head Wild One but they weren't the skis I thought I would buy and I'm so pleased I tested a few, they were all very different. The K2's I found too heavy on and off piste and I was disappointed with the way that that they handled whilst the Scott Maya's were fun but a little too light and didn't feel too stable underfoot offpowder. The Head's felt stable underfoot but were light, they handled wonderfully and quickly on piste and were stable but agile offpiste. I had huge fun with the Volk Aura's and if I had the budget I would have the Volk's for my pure offpiste days and the Heads for all other days but I don't snowHead As for the graphics they weren't a consideration and I didn't really like any of the graphics of the skis I tried but the Wild One graphics have grown on me simply 'cos I love the ski so much.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, You know what's coming, don't you?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, oh, is the width the only difference? (I could research this - I'm just being lazy.)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle, I skied the Dynastar Exclusive Legend in Lech and thought it was great fun.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty, The Nordica Hot Rod series might be worth trying - the Jet Fuel is good fun.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
erica2004, which one, though? As I understand it - I've done a bit of Googling since my last post - the only signifcant difference between the Powder and the Fluid is indeed that the Powder is fatter.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, The powder is a great little ski, light and nimble ski for girls that don't feel the need to ski at Mach 3. The Exclusive range, for me at least are the best range of womens skis out there. Forget the fluid, take the Powder and gently move over to some great off piste excursions.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, ta. I don't know if there will be an opportunity to try them (would like to try both, really, to see how they compare on piste) when I'm in Les Arcs shortly. Would be nice if I could.
snow report
erica2004, The Legend I tried was 75mm underfoot. I think the 'Powder' is fatter still.
snow report
erica2004, Fatter still? Like 75mm is fat? I'll get my coat, this head is not fairing that well against this wall.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, It's fatter than my piste skis! So, what's the ski you're recommending?
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, What would you recommend in addition to the Dynastar powder? I did prefer the Nordica Jet Fuel - are the ladies versions a bit lighter weight?
snow conditions
erica2004, having started off that mammoth thread, how can you even ask? Laughing Laughing He's recommending the Powder above the Fluid because it's wider. It's not absolutely massive though, 85mm, see here. However, according to that description, and pace SMALLZOOKEEPER, I'm not a good enough skier, nor with strong enough legs, nor one who goes off-piste sufficiently often to merit that ski. Nevertheless, I'm game to try it if the opportunity arises.

Can I assume that you found the one you tried OK both on-piste and off?
snow report
Hurtle, Don't underestimate yourself. The Exclusive Legend was very,very easy to ski. I can't imagine that the Legend Powder will be any harder. I tried the Nordica Jet Fuel - aimed at expert men and 84mm - and didn't have any trouble.
I've found that 'expert' skis reward good technique and give far more confidence than so called 'beginner' skis. Try, you'll be surprised.
ski holidays
erica2004, Phew! Faith restored, now you're getting it. XX

The legend Powder is a doddle to ski and super light!
ski holidays
erica2004,
Quote:

reward good technique
Ahem. Sad Embarassed
latest report
Frosty, It might be worth the observation that although I am sure your wife will be thrilled if you buy them for her I would be inclined to let her pick the ones she wants - there is a subtle difference wink
ski holidays
Frosty, Megamum makes a good point. And remember, no matter which skis your wife ends up with, when she inevitably asks you - the answer is always "No dear, your bum does not look big in them" Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy