Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accomodation in Val d'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am really keen on doin a Snoworks course on 12/04 the accomadation that I can book as part of the course is the Hotel Val d'Isere. Has anyvody stayed here? I am hearing mixed reviews and it is supposed to be a 4* and is quite expensive. Can anybody recommend any other accomodation to stay in? I would prefer a hotel as it is just the two of us.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
o11y,

It's operated by Mark Warner a British Tour Operator.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
welshflyer,

I know. That is where i got the accomodation from. Have you stayed there?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
o11y,

I've not stayed in the MW Hotel Val D'Isere, I have stayed in all of the other MW chalet hotels which have more basic accommodation, hence cheaper.

By all accounts the Val is nice, it was refurbished last summer. It's right in the centre of the town next to the Tourist Office. I believe that it is a bit more formal than the other MW chalet hotels. in the others it's easy to mix with your fellow guests at meal times. The cost of staying in the Val Hotel will probably be significantly less than staying in a "French" 3* or 4* hotel. With MW you do get a choice of 3 or more starters, main and dessert courses for dinner, unlike other British Tour Operators. Meal times are more flexible than most other TOs. With other TOs dinner starts at a specific time in the evening with MW there's a 1.5 or 2 hour window when you can start dinner.

If you are booking for only 2 of you, you could play the late booking game and take a chance at getting a discount on your travel & accommodation and pay for the Snoworks Course separately.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
o11y, Again, although I've not stayed at this hotel, it is very central.

One thing I would add for consideration. We have done a couple of Inspired to Ski courses (Tignes/Courchevel) and for the first one stayed in the same accommodation as the course in Tignes. The second one in Courchevel we booked ver late (4 days before) and found our own chalet accommodation on a late deal and just did the course. The difference I found was when staying in the course accommodation you get much better interaction with those others on the course, most of the time the instructors will stay here also and whilst they need their down time in the evening, they are great company. Also socially you immediately have a bunch of people you all have something in common with and something to chat about. As with Inspired to Ski I would imagine Snoworks will have videoing sessions and again, it was nice being in house for these rather than attending them and leaving afterwards.

We are going with Inspred to Ski in Tignes in April and staying in their nominated accommodation. All in all, I think you get better camaradie. The Hotel Val d'Isere may be big enough that you can find your own space over supper if you wanted too.

Just a thought.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys for both you replies. I was going to do the Inspired to Ski course in Tignes on 19/04 but just realised that I can get that week off work. So am forced to do the Snoworks course on 12/04 which mean that I am going to have to pay an additional £400 for that weeks accomodation. Just wanted to see if the extra money was worth it. I know it is easter so am not expecting a cheap deal.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy