Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine Ski pass and Hameau area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Unfortunitly my knee has decided to blow up again so i have had to pull out of a late trip to Flaine. Anyway the lads that are going would like to know if the ski pass can be purchased online and if so where as we cannot find a web site for Ski passes. Also they have book into one of the wooden ski lodges in the Hameau area. Has anyone staye there instead of the main area and whats their account.

Hopefully i will be on the slopes next year.....Verbier in the plans again
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mightysaints, sorry about the knee. Sad Buy lift passes here http://www.skipass-flaine.com/catalog/

never stayed in the Hameau, sorry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blimey

Is it or have European ski pass prices go through the roof. Keep saying that i would love to take the wife and kids skiing one day but at these prices it will never happen. I am lucky that the wife lets me go once a year with the lads...except this year due to the knee. The passes are now comparible to Canada and USA for costs.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mightysaints, Sorry you can't ski. I haven't stayed in Hameau, but have driven through it many times. It's quite pretty compared to the concrete blocks in Flaine BUT you have to get the skibus to the lifts. It will be quiet in the evening I think -apparently it has a shop, bar and restaurant and is 2km from Flaine so walkable if you're keen. Great ski area in Flaine especially if you like cruising blues and reds. IMO. Regards.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mightysaints, Hameau is quite pretty and the views are great!!

As for the shop... has to be one of the most expensive in the alps Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can you ski from Hameau to the lifts
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mightysaints, I don't think so unless you are into trees and cliffs!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mightysaints, You can cross the road from Hameau and I think there is a slope (totally unofficial) down to the rear of Montsoleil. From Monsoleil there is a pisted run down to the bottom of the Gerats chair. Up the chair and then ski down to the bottom of the Grands Vans chair and you are in the main ski area. Getting back is more difficult - from near the bottom of Tourmalines there is a turn off back to the bottom of the Gerats chair. Up there and then a piste back towards Montsoleil. There is then a climb up to the road and across to Hameau. As billb said, the alternative is the bus which will drop you close to the bottom of the Grands Vans chair.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agree with the short cut set out by Chris - not too difficult getting from the road to the back of Montsoliel - bit of a track up the hill from Hameau though (& even worse getting back)
Always found the bus from the Grans Vans to be a better option - have a drink at the Flying Dutchman to avoid the lift closing crush
Also worth noting that you need to go to the Grand Massif website for lift passes (http://www.skipass-flaine.com/catalog/) if you want to ski Flaine & the surrounding areas (eg Morillon, Les Carroz, etc) - not much dearer (abour 6 euros per day) & more options
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
To get to the runs from the Hameau come out of the main Hameau entrance, cross the road into the small car park and take the narrowish track in the left corner. This takes you to Montsoleil where you can take the gerats chair lift and ski to the bottom of the Grand Vans. Return is more difficult so best to take the bus. Beware that the gerats chair is now on the ski pass so you will have to take the bus down on the first morning to collect your pass..

Hameau apartments are great but its pretty quiet in the evening - get the bus down and check out the happy hours in the white pub (flaine forum)for a cheap beer!

Enjoy the great skiing!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy