Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puy Saint Vincent

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Snowheads virgin so be gentle.

I'm travelling with a group of 6 to Puy Saint Vincent 21/03 - 28/03 Accomodation and lift pass is sorted but we've got a bit stuck with how to get there.

Firstly am i right in thinking that you need to have your own wheels to get between the 6 resorts included on the pass, or is there a (free) shuttle bus?

There are some students in our group so we are trying to keep costs to a minimum.

Happy to fly to Turin/geneva/grenoble as there is not much different in cost. But for airport transfer for 6 with gear were not getting any change for £500 can it be done cheaper?

Also car hire is the other option: current favourite is to hire 2x smaller cars for £300 and pay double the tolls and fuel. Is there a cheaper way to do this ideally we'd like a people carrier or minibus but again seems to be north of £500 for this sort of thing. If you need wheels to get between resorts this route or some variation is definitely the favourite.

We've discounted driving from the uk because we'd need two cars or to hire 1 big one so i think this would work out more expensive than the options above.

Any ideas, contacts, links, would be much appreciated because as always the cheaper the better.

Oh one more thing whats the parking arrangements and cost at Puy saint Vincent.

Thanks for reading and any advice
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Driving directions to Alpe d'Huez, Oz, France
91.4 km – about 1 hour 33 mins
Puy-Saint-VincentFrance

1. Head east on D4 4.5 km
2. Turn left to stay on D4 53 m
3. Turn right at D994e 0.2 km
4. Turn left at D4 2.4 km
5. Slight left to stay on D4 0.5 km
6. Slight left to stay on D4 5.2 km
7. Turn left at N94
Go through 1 roundabout 7.9 km
8. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Avenue de Savoie/D1091 heading to Grenoble/La Grave
Continue to follow D1091
Go through 2 roundabouts 51.1 km
9. Turn right at D25 3.5 km
10. Slight left at D25a 2.3 km
11. Sharp left to stay on D25a 13.9 km
12. Turn right at Lotissement Les Chalets de l'Altiport 51 m

Alpe d'HuezOz, France

Its not a cosy little free shuttle ride wink Couple of smaller cars is usually better as people might not want to do 2-3 hours drive everyday (assuming Col de Lauteret is even open)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks.

A few more questions then:
Is this the case for all the resorts included in lift pass as i think Alpe d'Huez is the furthest away.

Also does anyone know how much the tolls are from calais to Puy Saint Vincent?

Any help with these questions or the ones in my orginal post would be much appreciated.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpe D'Huez, La Grave & 2 Alpes all involve driving over the Lauteret or round a long way via Gap though Alpe D'H is the furthest. La Grave not really somewhere you want to go unless you are totally self sufficient & with full avy kit or prepared to shell out for a guide

Briancon (Serre Che), Montgenevre easy enough drives though I think.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PSV will have plenty for all your parties needs .A trip to Briancon /Serre Chevalier/Montgenevre is just about doable but from someone who knows PSV like the back of their hand ,you have plenty of variety for all levels in PSV.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All the gear...no idea!, tolls from Calais will be about 68,50€ one way, not including the Fréjus tunnel fee if you decide to go that way.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Helen.

Haven't looked in detail at the route yet. But is it better use the Frejus Tunnel? I presume the other way is longer. If you've got the cost for that too that would be great.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any body else any tips?

Would particularly like to know if own transport is required between ALL the resorts! (La Grave, Les 2 Alpes, Alpe d'Huez, Serre Chevalier, Sestriere, Montgenevre, Pelvoux)

Also any not be missed runs - powder stashes in that lot?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any one of those resorts should be enough to keep you happy for a week. I would guess that although public transport may well run, you won't find it convenient - Alpe d'Huez if about 90 minutes drive from PSV, so it would be quite some time on public transport
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't think there is public transport to those resorts.

You may able to get a bus to Briancon and then onto futher resorts.

It wouldn't be worth visiting them unless you have your own car.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To visit the other resorts you will need your own transport as there isn't any shuttle service.

As to getting there my top tip is to fly to Marseille Easy (Jet £72), hire a car and then drive up to PSV (2.5 - 3 hours). Only 1 toll €11.40 to pay and you can do there and back on 1 tank of petrol.

Parking is free at PSV and is either on the side of the road or in public parking areas.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great, cheers for the info!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy