Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off-piste skiing with Guide in Gressoney/Alagna w/c 14 March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're looking for skiers of a similar standard to join our group and share a guide for 4 or 5 days of off-piste skiing.

We're a small group intending to ski off-piste with a guide in Gressoney/Alagna (Monterosa area), where conditions are said to be best for 12 years.

We're going there week commencing 14 March, flying to Turin (EasyJet and Ryanair).

The group is presently 3 males in 60s, very fit, and possibly 1 female in 30s. For guidance, our off-piste skiing ability is at SCGB silver/purple off-piste standard. These are said to be

SCGB Silver Off-Piste = "You have experience in off-piste conditions and can ski at least 10 to 15 continuous turns in deep powder snow, but tend to fall over or stop because you gain too much speed. You are confident to safely negotiate all types of snow off piste including breakable crust and wind slab without holding up the group. On steep off-piste, you are still unconfident in controlling speed and direction. Your style is still somewhat lacking, and you need some more practice and perhaps tuition but you are keen to challenge yourself further."

SCGB Purple Off-Piste = "You feel very confident when skiing off-piste, and are ready to tackle steeper slopes and ski faster. Alternatively, you may have many years' experience off-piste, be an extremely competent skier, good in powder, but less good in difficult snow and therefore not ready to progress to Expert category. Technically good, you ski fast, you are fit and love to ski off-piste whenever possible."
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
russellford, just home from the weekend in Champoluc - the snow is quite, quite awesome, I can easily believe the 12 years comment. If ever there was a year to ski there (and one in which it might justify its "Freeride Paradise" tagline) it's this year. Enjoy!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
russellford, I might be interested. I am am a male SCGB purple standard skier in mid-50s; I have never been to Gressoney, so it is one I want to do. How advanced are your arrangements? Have you got accommodation, have a you a specific guide in mind, etc? You may PM me with details if you like and I could PM back an e-mail address.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nlinesw4, Spent last hour or more typing you details but lost everything twice over! After second attempt, pressed 'Preview' but lost everything as seem to have been logged out whilst was typing it. New to postings so don't understand this PM business. So here is my email address russellford@hookhill.plus.com If you email me, I will reply in morning with details. We are hoping to finalise arrangements and book accommodation and flights by Tuesday this week as some of us are away for a week after Tuesday and again for a week from end of month.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
russellford, it is frustrating to lose what you've typed but you will be logged out after 30mins of inactivity.

Some people get around this by preparing longer posts in Word or Wordpad first, some just make a habit of copying long posts to the clipboard before hitting 'submit'.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
admin, How do I close this thread, please? The group is now full, so don't want to mislead Snowheads by leaving it open. Am now leaving for airport & will be away till next week. Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
russellford, don't bother..... people can read that you are full...and you can always update with a TR when you get back...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy