Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing 18th april - any recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Trying to plan a second week of skiing this year but can't go until 18th April. Had a great week in Les Arcs/Plan Peisey in Jan and would love to get another week in. It'll be my 4th week skiing - can reasonably ski most reds. Any recommendations for where to try both in terms of being snow sure and runs? Any companies people recommend (went with Skibeat in Jan and very impressed).
Thanks,
Ellie
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
elliejeksy, welcome to Snowheads. Tignes is probably your best bet, that late in the season.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
elliejeksy, Welcome to snowHead
Why not join the other snowHead at the EoSB in Val Thorens?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Arcs still open that week, quite a few snowheads will still be there...although it will be quiet, one or two bars starting to close that week (if not before)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, Ahem. elliejeksy, we will have plenty of snow then and it's quite easy to DIY-it here. Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
elliejeksy, as BMF_Skier, has said, lots of snowHeads will be in Val Thorens that week Very Happy
The details of which haven't yet been relesed, but have a look at this thread... it'll give you some idea of the fun that we have and everyone's welcome snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try Austria.... Lech has good snow at this time of year. Some good chalet deals on Total Ski and Iglu
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
elliejeksy, the EOSB has to be a good bet. You really would be welcome - but if it's not for you, easiski's suggestion of LDA is good - and I agree with her that DIY there is easy. Welcome to sHs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry to be a dunce but whats EoSB? The link doesn;t seem to work.... Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
End of Season Bash for sonwheads elliejeksy,
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowheads even Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Val Thorens would be a good bet as you'll have some great snow and the links to the 3 Valleys will still be open then.

That will give you hundreds of km of spring cruising!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
elliejeksy,
Nothing wrong with any of the above suggestions but if you don't fancy France, Zermatt or Saas Fee In Switzerland OR Hintertux, Pitztal or Kaprun in Austira may be worth looking at.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agentiere near Chamonix will still be open then... We had a great long weekend there at the end of April 2007... We couldn't ski to the bottom but there was great snow still at the top...

Some more pictures at https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/showgallery.php/cat/715 snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
how do I find out more about the EoSb? Have read the thread michelle linked and think we could be interested. We can ski most reds? Is that an acceptable standard? Ellie
snow conditions
elliejeksy, never mind that, how much red can you put away is a much more pertinent question Toofy Grin
snow report
elliejeksy, We are off to Tignes on 18th April. We've never been this late before but Tignes is high and the snow reports from those that have been at this time are all good and backed up with some cracking pictures.

We are staying with Skiworld who have some good chalets for £399pp.
ski holidays
elliejeksy, ski most reds? really? after 4 weeks is impressive, if slightly concerning.
latest report
I'd be more concerned about someone who COULDN'T ski most reds after 4 weeks.... rolling eyes
ski holidays
elliejeksy, there's no particular standard required to enjoy the EoSB.
We don't tend to recommend it to complete beginners as there are a few on-hill hook-ups for lunch and end-of-day drinking etc. but these are all accessible via blue runs anyway.
That said though, we did have a total novice with us last year although she was pretty quick on the uptake and was getting everywhere she needed to by mid-week.

Really though, there are people of all standards there, which is part of the appeal snowHead
snow report
stevomcd, 4 weeks solid then yes maybe. 4 weeks "holiday skiing" no.
Maybe i'm over sensitive as I've had enough of ppl traversing across reds this season. There are blues for that very reason NehNeh
snow conditions
elliejeksy, that late in the season I'd definitely ski at a resort which timetables its lift system to operate in large measure that late in the spring. The numbers really diminish after Easter, so most resorts struggle to justify the operation of more than a skeleton system.

Zermatt has almost its entire lift system timetabled to operate until 26 April, so I'd go there. Nearly all the skiing is above 2000m, and the snow cover this year has been well above average.

There are a lot of package deals via the tourist office website - www.zermatt.ch - or you might be able to buy a package from a UK operator that late. I get there via Paris and Lausanne on the Eurostar, TGV and Swiss rail transfer (about 12 hours each way from London). By air, you're looking at about a 4-hour rail transfer from Geneva.
ski holidays
Quote:

We are off to Tignes on 18th April. We've never been this late before but Tignes is high and the snow reports from those that have been at this time are all good and backed up with some cracking pictures.

This will be our 4th seaon of going last weekend in April/first week in May-ish. It's a fantastic time to go. About 50% of the area open and skiing back to both Tignes & Val d'Isere. You can experience anything from powder to complete porridge - and everything in between. Great stuff and usually very deserted -often feels like your own private ski area. You'll need to take factor 99 sun cream if you don't want to get burnt alive.....
ski holidays
easiski, sounds good but have never done the DIY thing before. Any tips for a novice? We might look you up for lessons if we end up there and you are still teaching that week? Ellie
snow conditions
elliejeksy, Send me PM and I'll try to answer any questions. Basically you can fly to Grenoble, get a regular bus to grenoble station and another one up here. (or rent a car if you're flush). There are lots of options for accommodation too. Les2alpes.com is the tourist office website; 2alpes.com is the lift company one. There are a number of snowheads with apartments here, and mostly they're listed on my website. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy