Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi -

Have a pair of Salomon Dialogue boots - 2007 season model.

Have been great so far BUT had lots of problems with them last weekend whilst in Chamonix :

- heel lift on right foot (never experienced before)
- small toe cramps after a few hours
- unusually tired legs after a few hours

Obviously, these issues affected my boarding - really keen to sort out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what bindings are you using?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Boardiecouk - using Salomon SPX4s.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hmm, were you using two pairs of socks or anything? - the SPX4s look to be a fairly sturdy type of binding & should be a good fit for your boots-

Could be premature wear in the boots.

The tired legs aren't a surprise if you've got the other symptoms going on (heel lift and cramps in the toes could mean you're compensating for a problem somewhere and that'll easily lead to you getting tired quicker as you're probably tense and in an unusual position.)

The toe cramps could be overtightened toe straps, or again a symptom of a problem elsewhere.

How much riding have you done in this setup? - have you removed your bindings from the board (or has someone serviced your board and poss removed and replaced them?) and or changed the angles, spacing, highback angle etc?

Could be that the boots have broken in a little bit and you're looser than you should be in them. - then if you tighten the straps more to compensate you start to have probs elsewhere....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
franga, Do you ride regular or goofy? The heel lift could have been down to a looser than normal rear binding although its not a good idea to strap the bind down so tight that it crushes the boot. When I was riding at Le Tour, there are lots of flat sections and my legs got very tired. I also found myself riding with my back leg almost lifting my heel, to keep my weight forward and hold a slight toe edge on the flat sections.

Belting down the reds there and at Flegere and Brevent, I didn't get tired at all, so it may not be your boots.

The best thing, for piece of mind, is probably to go and get the boots re-heat moulded and see if it makes a difference. If they have sat in your loft over the summer (lofts get really hot in summer) then they could have reverted to the as-new foam shape.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
that's true a long traverse on a flat section could have lead to you stressing your toes and heels and tiring your legs from setting them in the same position - a way to avoid this is to alternate as much as possible between riding fakie and forwards.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for your comments!

I think the fatigue symptoms are due to me being tense when riding as boots / board not responsive enough ...

Have not changed set-up for a couple of years now ...

Think I might take them to Ellis Brigham (even though I bought them in Whistler) - not sure whether they're able to do anythign with the moulding of the liner (reheat etc) or insert some support between liner and boot?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Should be able to for a minimal cost Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
franga, it was explained to me that heat moulding was the equivalent of maybe 2 or 3 days riding to get the boot to fit, and as you seem to have recently been boarding then I am not too sure what extra heat moulding will do, but maybe worth a try!

if all else fails make sure you tighten your boot laces better wink and wear an extra tight sock (two sizes too small) for the offending heel lift foot
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm not so sure about the whole heat moulding thing either - I've never bothered getting my 32's done - they fit well as is.

Be careful with extra socks too though - doesn't always work! - think Ray's onto something with the bootlaces... Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boardiecouk, seriously though, getting the boot laces really tight from the first to last lace hole of the boot (especially around the ankle) is essential if the boot is a bit slack Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yeah I know, I'm with you - wasn't joking! - though I tend to do mine tight at the bottom and then anchor that off and then not so tight at the top so that the boots can still flex at the ankles!

My point about the socks was that (depends on the type of socks tubes/technical etc) but sometimes the socks can swivel inside each other.

apologies for the smiley face on the laces, I think I just thought that was the basics!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you guys - appreciated.

Going out to Val d Isere in a few weeks so will give them another go ...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the cramps are the toe straps too tight, a common mistake with those spx type bindings, for the rest I think your boot is too big.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy