Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les carroz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a friend away in Les carroz at the moment who reports 'a good days skiing' today, stayed mostly around mid station at Les Carroz, too rocky at the top and at the bottom he says. Everyone advised them against going across to flaine as the piste condition is poor.

I will be speaking to him later in the week when the dump starts so i will update this thread again.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The skiing in Les Carroz was not noticeably better today than anywhere else that's open in the area actually. In fact, the slopes above Samoens were better I thought and have been for the last couple of weeks. A lot of the slopes are like glass really, there's a lot of people leaving by ambulance Very Happy

The problem in Flaine is that it needs a lot of snow to fill out the fissures in the slopes and that snow's just not come so far, the forecast levels this week won't do it either. What is open is just fine though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ise, just sharing the information I was given, make of it what you want.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Man on the scene says a foot has fallen today. thats all the information i have.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed in Les Carroz in Jan 1993. At that time Les Carroz was dry of snow and we were bussed upto Flaine which had plenty Puzzled Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, that's normal, this year is surreal though. Flaine needs a certain base to even open the runs, it's a limestone bowl and heavily fissured, so it's like filling crevasses in glacier areas. This year there's not been enough snow so far, it'll be interesting to see this plays out, if those runs open at all and for how long.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
perhaps its me being windy but this talk of fissures etc full of snow sounds a bit dodgy to me, do they ever give way?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm off to Flaine this evening and I'm getting very excited. I imagine that the skiing under the DMC in the Flaine bowl will be limited by the lack of snow but the rest of the Flaine bowl and the grand massif looks really good. And if wind closes the links for too many days we'll have a car (which I hope we can get up the hill!). I'm so excited snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ian bloomfield wrote:
perhaps its me being windy but this talk of fissures etc full of snow sounds a bit dodgy to me, do they ever give way?

Yes and no, they do give way if there's not enough snow which is why the runs have been closed recently. When they're open then it means they're safe so it doesn't happen then.

Some snowboarders fall down them from time to time off-piste when they ignore the copious warnings round the area.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise, Couple of years back we heard a tale from a liftie that a kid had died falling down a pothole and banding his head. His mate also fell down the hole but survived. I've heard that going off-piste in Flaine requires a guide rather like going off-piste on a glacier.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Reed, pothole's a good word for the holes actually. Some parts of the bowl are worse than others. A guide seems a bit OTT but I see the point, if you've ever been there during the summer you can get an idea for the problem.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy